About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Prioritize payment orders to ensure all payment orders meet cut-off-time
- The incumbent is accountable for those below stated tasks assigned to her/him by the supervisor and will approach the supervisor as soon as the assigned workload cannot be handled within agreed time frames.
- Accurate and timely control and monitoring of incoming and outgoing interface traffic
- The work is organized in rotating shifts and includes working on German public holidays when the European payments systems (EBA, TARGET & RTGSplus) are operational.
- Must be fully conversant with full range of money transfer products offered by Standard Chartered Bank as well as be able to work in a team environment and interact with peers from outside and well as in.
- Work with Payment staff, relevant departments, Standard Chartered Bank clients and relationship mangers to handle payment exception processing in a timely manner.
- Accurate processing and verification of all types of payment orders processed in Payment system via SWIFT or manual entry. Filing of manual transactions.
- Reconciliation of internal accounts for DE/UK
- Responsible for mandatory EBA/TGT2 Tests
- Escalation of Outstanding Items DE/UK
- Input and Verifying of Swift Messages for Investigation purposes
- Input and Verify of Standard Payments (MT103/202)
- Handling of Internal Daily Check list
- to ensure compliance with all sanction/AML policies as periodically given by Group.
- To ensure that internal bookings in IMT inbox are handled in a timely manner
- Handling of requests/investigations received via Mail from various Departments
- Exception Processing (handle exceptional payments for DE/UK, handle Generic Mail Boxes for DE/UK)
- Perform Callbacks for UK/DE
- To raise system requests via RMS system independently
- Monitoring of SEPA files
- Other clerical duties as required
- Daily contact with internal Departments/ Payments GBS and Tianjin Team, TB, RM'S
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's and SCB AG's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group and SCB AG's Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Management Board and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .