CoV Management GmbH manages two early stage Venture Capital funds with a total volume of €250m under the brand name “CommerzVentures”. The CommerzVentures funds invest in early and growth stage companies in the areas of financial services and insurance (and related technologies) across Europe, Israel and the US.
The first fund (€100m, launched in 2014, 14 investments) has established CommerzVentures as a successful specialist fintech investor and has had significant realizations. The firm is now beginning to invest a second fund of €150m.
The Principal’s key responsibilities will include:
- You will be an integral part of the investment team, playing an important part in sourcing, screening and transacting investment opportunities.
- You will work closely with the partners, investment targets, co-investors, and service providers, throughout the investment process from sourcing to exit; including conducting due diligence, structuring and negotiating term sheets, contracting, supporting portfolio companies, all the way to divestment.
- You will provide input into developing our investment strategy. You will be expected to form your own views and investment hypothesis and contribute our collective learning curve.
- You will support the partners in managing and mentoring the investment associates and analysts
- You will represent CommerzVentures externally vis a vis the founders, entrepreneurs and start-ups. You will represent CommerzVentures at industry events.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of professional experience.
- A very solid understanding of and a demonstrated passion for fintech/ financial services.
- If you have experience in Venture Capital or start-up(s) and/or a technical background that would be a strong plus.
- We are looking for an independent thinker with critical reasoning skills, a strategic mindset and an ability to voice controversial views constructively.
- You will be fluent in English and good conversational knowledge of German.
- You have strong communication skills and excellent social skills combined with a desire to work with start-up and growth companies in our target sectors.
- We are looking for someone with a high level of integrity, authenticity, resilience and an ability to work autonomously.
Offices: we are located in Frankfurt/ Germany, extensive travelling expected (esp. within Europe).
Remuneration: in line with the Venture Capital market, strongly incentivizing financial performance.