For an assigned set of investment strategies, the Product Manager has responsibility for product management, including fund positioning, promotion and pricing, product development related to the assigned asset class(es), and product marketing. This is a highly visible role that relies on strong-project management skills to lead cross-functional teams and the successful individual will be a positive and creative thinker with excellent oral and written communication skills. This position is based in Amsterdam or Frankfurt and works closely with others in Product & Marketing, Sales, Legal, Portfolio Management, Portfolio Administration, as well as with external service providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Champion assigned product set internally and externally by proactively delivering insightful communications, thought leadership (whitepapers or blogs), sales talking points
- Present the products during webinars or during client calls
- Propose and design new product ideas based on ongoing market assessments and by analyzing available asset class and security level data
- Maintain product related reports used by business management and provide ongoing assessments of funds and opportunities by monitoring investor trends, performance and competitor developments
- Project manage fund development/launch efforts and other special projects
- Support Marketing in the development and implementation of marketing plans and programs
- Serve as subject matter expert for RFP and DDQ requests and client questions
- Provide timely and accurate updates of collateral, regulatory documents, and DDQs
- Review and monitor product related data in public databases and on online platforms
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in business, finance or economics; CFA or MBA a plus
- Four to eight years’ experience working in financial services, preferably for a mutual fund/ETF provider
- Minimum of three years product marketing and/or product development experience
- Proven writing or presenting skills a plus
- Language skills: English and German a must (other language skills beneficial)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills
- Command of investment and portfolio concepts, (e.g. modern portfolio theory)
- In depth knowledge of investment product types and legal structures
- Thorough knowledge of the investment industry
- A proven ability to multi-task, work independently with minimum supervision, meet aggressive deadlines and achieve superior results.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex investment topics into compelling and persuasive presentations and written articles
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management skills to supervise multiple work streams simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, clients and service providers.