Rating Analyst/Research Assistant
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Rating Analyst/Research Assistant
Rating Analyst, Financial Institutions, Frankfurt
The Role: Rating Analyst/Research Assistant
The Location: Frankfurt, Germany
The Team: The incumbent will be part of the EMEA Financial Institutions team, which assigns credit rating to banks and non-bank financial institutions (such as finance companies, asset managers or more leveraged entities like distressed debt purchasers etc) in the German speaking market. Depending on analytical background and language skills other regional focus areas could be an opportunity.
The Impact: An individual in this role will be a key contributor to rating surveillance and new rating assignments, covering all aspects of rating analysis and many aspects of day-to-day client communication. Leveraged finance focus is important, including analysis of leveraged capital structures and bond documentation, as is understanding of bank regulation.
What's in it for you: A Rating Analyst in the S&P Global FI Rating business typically assumes a pro-active credit rating surveillance role, working closely under the supervision of senior analysts. He/she would also work on assigning new ratings as required and contribute to commentaries or research pieces on the banking sector. Working environment puts emphasis on teamwork and analytical collaboration, as well as detailed documentation of all aspects of analysis and publication of ratings. Strong communication skills and curiosity are essential for internal discussions of ratings, as well as external publishing and presentations
- Responsibilities: The role is an essential step towards taking responsibility over a full portfolio of bank/nonbank ratings.The candidate will initially support and assist senior analysts in updating reports and preparing for meetings and internal committees. Over time, the successful candidate will also assume analytical oversight responsibility for a portfolio of banks and non-banks, covering a number of credits directly as primary analyst after a period of intensive learning. The position offers an interesting mix of analytical challenges, the option to assume and drive internal projects, and opportunities to acquire and develop skills. The successful candidate will possess the ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and will have a demonstrated strength at doing research and writing well-structured analytical reports. An ability to quickly analyze, and act upon information is required to maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. A robust background in financial institutions analysis is a must.
- Bachelor's degree (finance/economics preferred).
- Relevant work experience. Good knowledge of accounting principles for banks.
- Ability to quickly analyze, and act upon information, while demonstrating strong proficiency with figures, accuracy and be detail-oriented while complying with deadlines.
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make analytically contributions.
- German and English communication skills should be strong - both verbal and written. Any Scandinavian or Central and Eastern European languages would be a strong advantage.
- Highly organized, meet deadlines and work under time pressure.
- Strong team player - the ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative and multicultural work environment is critical.
- Must have ability to think independently and critically, and have an eye for innovation opportunities.