Rating Analyst - Auto, A&D, Capital Goods, Investment Holdings team
Rating Analyst - EMEA Automotive, A&D, Capital Goods and Investment Holdings team - Corporate Ratings - Frankfurt Grade 9 (for internal purposes) The Role:
You will be supporting senior analysts in rating surveillance activity and new ratings assignments, as well as presenting credit analysis to internal credit committees and contributing towards presentations, press releases and research articles. In addition, you will be participating in meetings with senior management as well as Finance and Treasury teams of client companies and acting as a primary analyst on a small portfolio of rated corporate issuers, with oversight from a Lead Analyst. The role is based in Frankfurt. The Team / Career Opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with very high potential for professional development. The Automotive, A&D, Capital Goods and Investment Holding Companies team is part of the global Corporate Ratings practice, which is the largest practice at S&P Global Ratings.
The team has currently 15 full-time analysts based in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid and Stockholm and covers more than 130 corporate credit ratings across Europe.
We predominantly do ratings surveillance, work on new rating transactions as well as assess the ratings impact of refinancing or M&A transactions applying our core corporate methodology and industry specific rating factors. We also work on transactions in partnership with other practices and segments at S&P Global on a regular basis. The Impact:
The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, as well as maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. You will be required to prepare for and participate in meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued. Qualifications/Experience:
About S&P Global:
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business-related field; a relevant Master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- A solid foundation and work experience (1-3 years) in at least one of the following areas: (1) Accounting/Audit; (2) Credit Analysis; (3) Modeling Financial forecasts.
- A solid understanding of how a corporate enterprise works and how ownership structures, business models, or industry factors might impact a company's cash flows.
- Knowledge of the Capital Goods, Aerospace & Defense, or Automotive sector would be an advantage.
- Being well organized and detail orientated; ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English, and at least a working proficiency in German.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email email@example.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261300 Posted On: