WHO WE ARE
Stifel Europe Bank AG is a leading full-service investment bank headquartered in Frankfurt and a powerful pan-European platform offering equity research coverage of more than 400 European companies. Together with Stifel Schweiz AG, which is representative of Stifel Europe Bank AG in Switzerland, it provides targeted advice across the capital structure to corporate and institutional clients supported by the US listed parent Stifel Financial Corp. Corporate broking, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and mergers & acquisitions practices are part of the overall client service proposition. Stifel in Europe employs more than 500 professionals, operating out of eight offices in Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Paris and Zurich.
We are looking to hire a Risk Manager (f/m/x) (full time), based in Frankfurt
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight and development of Stifel Bank Europe AG (“SEBA”) Risk Management with focus on the development of SEBA’s Operational and Market Risk Framework
- Oversight of vendor management, data governance, data privacy, and business continuity planning
- Monitoring risk limits, operational risk KRIs and other risk metrics
- Development of SEBA Risk Reporting and MI as well as development of risk methodologies and stress tests
- Portfolio and market analysis
- Providing practical solutions and suggestions to tackle issues and risks
- Writing / upgrading policies, procedures and technical documentation
- Leading operational risk RCSAs and risk aspects of MaRisk/ Pillar 2
- Development of Operational Risk System functionality and reporting
- Responsibility for the remediation of risk-related audit findings
- Network effectively across the Stifel Group with stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerate discipline
- Quantitative background with proven risk management experience– at least 5 years risk management experience required
- Bi-Lingual - German and English language, other European languages an advantage
- Strong communicator with the ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of German and Continental European Markets in equities and fixed income
- Understanding of German and European risk regulations – MaRisk, BAIT, CRR
- Know How of a number of different risk types including especially operational and market risk as well as experience with VaR and stress tests
- Coordination and project management skills
- Understanding of regulatory liaison with German or other European regulators
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent analytical skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on creative problem solving
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Attracted to a fast-paced, team oriented work environment that offers great challenges and rewards
This position offers the opportunity to develop a professional career in an international environment with full exposure to experienced senior professionals. Successful candidates will be part of a fast growing investment bank with a young and dynamic team. Junior team members are encouraged to quickly assume responsibility.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application including cover letter, CV and relevant certificates.
Stifel Europe Bank, Kennedyallee 76, 60596 Frankfurt, Germany, email@example.com. We are happy to answer any preliminary questions under +49-69-78808-306.