Background The role sits in the German branch of Jupiter Asset Management International within our European Distribution division and is reporting to the Country Head Germany & Austria. Based in Frankfurt you will be working hand-in-hand with our Head of Wholesale Germany, supported by our German Client Service team, to further develop our client base.
The role purpose is to sell and cross-sell Jupiter's range of investment funds across Germany to wholesale clients and distribution partners like the advisory businesses of Private Banks, IFAs, Fund Promoters or Fund Platforms, in accordance with the agreed KPIs.
In order to do this you will work in collaboration with the Head of Wholesale Germany, our two local Client Service Managers as well as the wider European sales team and various stakeholders in London like Channel Marketing, the Events Team, Investment Specialists, the RFP team etc.
- Selling / cross-selling Jupiter's Investment Funds to prospects / clients in Germany in the wholesale business, such as IFAs, Fund Promoters, Fund Platforms, Private Banks (advisory business) or Insurances (unit linked)
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities: Discuss the sales strategy with the Head of Wholesale, develop and translate strategic decisions into projects, implementing them and consistently following up on these
- In close collaboration with and supported by our local Client Service team: Provide clients and prospects with information and updates on Jupiter funds to ensure a top-class client relationship
- Organize and conduct regular client and prospect meetings: With and without fund managers, in-person and virtual, 1-on-1 and in groups (roadshows), throughout Germany as well as in London, through self-induced as well as sponsored events
- Present our funds in such meetings and act as trusted first point of contact to clients
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-initiative towards client engagement and sales campaigns
- Develop a hand-in-hand relationship with the Head of Wholesale through ongoing informal reporting on the business, constructive criticism and new ideas
- Share meaningful information to achieve a co-ordinated sales effort within the whole team
- Keep the CRM tool (Salesforce) up to date with client meetings & calls and pipeline management and use the tool to your benefit to the best possible extent
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and adhere to local regulatory requirements; at all times conduct any activity in consistence with the principles of treating customers fairly and the relevant rules, regulations and internal procedures
Desired Skills / Experience
Sales related skills:
- Sales-focussed mentality with gentle persistence
- Strong presentation skills
- Enjoy driving your own workload, whilst working towards objectives
- Demonstrate initiative with client engagement, activities and sales pitches
- See things through from beginning to end: Lead generation, pitch and follow-up
- Innovative mindset with out-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to manage and overcome rejection
- Fluent in German and English language (essential).
- Interest and experience in financial markets and investments
- Some knowledge of SICAV / UCITS fund structures and their fund operations aspects (rebates, distribution agreements, fund data etc.) is a plus
- Some understanding of local regulations and compliance guidelines (e.g. SFDR, VAG, Solvency report etc.) is a plus
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple sales-opportunities at the same time
- Team player with good interpersonal skills in order to develop good working relationships with colleagues
Additional Role Details