Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. SUMMARY
Reporting to the EMEA Finance Manager based in London, this position will be the key contributor and owner of WME accounting and finance responsibilities within the Global Accounting department of Wellington's Finance department. In this role, the senior accountant is responsible for accounting duties related to the monthly accounting close, both preparing and overseeing tasks, and internal and external financial reporting requirements, related to WME. The ideal candidate will have had similar prior work experience, be willing to learn quickly to make an impact and take on increasing responsibilities within the group. Coaching and working closely with others, particularly Frankfurt local employees and the London based EMEA accounting team, is an important part of this role. The role will also provide support as needed to other finance functions, financial planning & analysis, payroll, real estate, tax, etc., as well work closely with the Head of Office and Compliance Officer. RESPONSIBILITIES
The Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Accounting and reporting for WME by preparing and reviewing accounting tasks, such as journal entries and account reconciliation, including accounting by external service providers
- Perform financial analysis and ensure monthly accounting close results are accurate
- Provide support in the completion of WME regulatory reporting and assist in the monitoring of regulatory compliance
- Support the external audit of WME as required by the Bafin, including preparation and review of WME financial statements, providing external audit support, responding to auditor inquiries, and coordinating audit requirements with other teams (compliance, operational risk, IT, etc.)
- Support local governance requirements, including Head of Office and Compliance Officer n as well as reporting to the various management and risk committees of WME
- Support business initiatives of WME including the opening of new offices and branches in the region
- Maintain technical knowledge in the applicable German GAAP accounting and reporting standards
- Support ad-hoc finance related requirements in the region as necessary
- Ensure that account and regulatory procedural documentation is prepared and maintained
- Build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of management
- 5-7 years of previous working experience with at least 3 years of relevant experience with German GAAP financials and German audit/regulatory requirements by the BaFin
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting with strong academic credentials and/or a chartered accountant is preferred
- Must be fluent in German and English, additional languages spoken are a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation elements
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology to improve processes and financial controls
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and skill levels
- Proven ability to master new tasks quickly, coupled with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .