Senior Director- Sector Lead - Financial Institutions Ratings EMEA
Senior Director- Sector Lead - Financial Institutions Ratings EMEA Grade 14 Position Summary:
As a subject matter expert, the Sector Lead plays a key role driving the analytics and external communication for the asset class, interacting with the entire analytical group in EMEA, as well as with your peers globally. You will also be a leading participant of the global and regional Analytical Oversight and Consistency Councils (AOCCs) for Financial Institutions ratings, providing guidance and role modelling on analytical judgement, methodologies, and market outreach. In addition, the Sector Lead will actively contribute to talent development across the practice, in particular coaching and support junior analysts.
Finally, this role requires of someone that feels comfortable coordinating work across a number of teams within S&P and in an environment which stimulates high value analytics, continuous improvement, innovation and the highest customer service standards, whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, policies, and regulation.
The position is based in a EU member state. Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- In addition to direct analytical responsibilities over a small number of high profile Financial Institution credits, the sector lead exerts oversight across the entire asset class in the region, ensuring that macro assumptions and industry trends are incorporated in our ratings with accuracy and in a consistent manner.
- The sector lead is a leading member of the ratings surveillance process, covering the roles of primary analyst, back up, voter and/or chair for the practice committees, as needed.
- The sector lead is a standing member of global analytical councils such as the Financial Institution AOCCs and Credit Conditions Committees (CCCs), actively contributing to the formation of S&P macro assumptions and industry views, and ensuring that decisions are cascaded to the analytical group on a timely basis.
- The sector lead plays a key role in identifying research themes and emerging risks, leading thought leadership publications and coordinating research activities. In turn, the sector lead coordinates targeted reviews of rating portfolios to ensure that economic and industry developments are properly reflected in the credit ratings.
- The sector lead is an active external speaker and the key point of contact for outreach and to carry the S&P message to the market, ensuring relevance and timeliness.
- The sector lead plays an essential role modelling for the entire practice, supporting and coaching junior analysts as to help them build the right set of skills and capabilities needed
- Post-graduate qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject such as economics, finance, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten years of hands-on analytical experience in capital markets, or a credit/research environment ideally analyzing banking and financial institutions frameworks in Europe
- Fluency in English - speaking, reading, and writing - is essential. Additional languages are desirable.
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive with ability to manage multiple tasks and a busy environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS201 - Senior Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262377 Posted On: