Senior Internal Auditor (f/m)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Allianz Asset Management GmbH
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
The Senior Internal Auditor is an experienced senior specialist role without any line management responsibility, but with in-depth knowledge in internal/external audits and experience in several business areas. S/he identifies the business risks at an early stage and advises managers and their departments on how to improve the controls. The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for supporting the risk-based planning process and executing the audit plan. S/he is in charge of managing large scale and cross-functional audits from planning to the follow-up and acts as a business partners to the auditee. Proven project management skills are therefore required.
Within Allianz Group, Allianz Asset Management (AllianzAM) is the financial and governance holding company for the asset management business of Allianz SE, with more than EUR 1,700bn of assets under management and 5,000 employees worldwide. AllianzAM is comprised of two separate investment management companies: Allianz Global Investors and PIMCO.
AllianzAM has created a business structure that both enables it to meet the demands of clients on a local basis and that empowers its investment managers to focus on achieving strong and consistent investment results.
Audit is the home for those who dare to support AllianzAM in achieving their strategic targets.
Strong technical and ethical characteristics are fundamental to audit success. Independent from the job level, an auditor should maintain appropriate technical skills as well as the agility and commitment to continuous learning. The ability to see the big picture is important for each audit. Good auditors therefore focus on targeted questions which allow them to verify information from different angles.
- Take responsibility for the performance of the audit plan in areas of assigned responsibility, as well as for ad-hoc engagements
- Plan and lead complex audit assignments, supervise audit projects, define risk-based audit areas, audit business transactions, workflows, processes and control systems
- Determine deficiencies and vulnerabilities to be remedied, analyze audit results, formulate proposals for solutions, lead closing meetings
- Ensure progress as planned and in line with the applicable standards
- Comply with the audit policies and the respective standards (independence, integrity, confidentiality, truth and fairness, security, economy, system conformity)
- Ensure follow up and that the audit recommendations are implemented adequately by the auditee, so that the findings can be closed in a timely manner
- Support the update of audit methods, initiate improvements of workflows, processes, security and control systems and promote best practice sharing
- Analyze audit results and generate quarterly and annual audit reporting and perform quality assurance
- Support and review auditor’s work (audit preparation, interviews, tests, evidence gathering, report writing and validation preparation)
- Planning and implementation of technical training and information (team/peer)
- Take responsibility for the relationship with the auditees and become a recognized expert and partner to the business
- Manage communication with stakeholders from all hierarchy levels
- Interact with external auditors in specific cases
- Collaborate on departmental and inter-organizational projects and assess the acceptance of audited departments
- Increase knowledge across different business lines and bring added value to the business
- Promote AllianzAM Internal Audit as a competent and trusted partner and live the AllianzAM Values (Entrepreneurship, Collaborative Leadership, Trust, Customer & Market Excellence)
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in internal/external audit or as consultant or equivalent
- Several years’ experience in finance related function, asset management and corporate governance related topics
- University degree in economics, business administration or equivalent
- Audit certification (CIA, CFA, CISA) will be an advantage
- Proven management skills for audit planning
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills and a very good understanding of processes, structures and the regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as the talent to empathize for the auditee’s perspective and ability to listen
- Ability to deal with all types of personalities and experience in managing escalation processes after delivering inconvenient decisions
- Team spirit, self-motivation and a proactive and committed working style, as well as ability to interact in a global work environment with people from different countries and cultures
- Strong computer skills / MS Office
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal and written); German language skills would be beneficial
We are looking for applicants willing to support our team in Frankfurt am Main on a full time basis with immediate effect. If you think you have what it takes to fill this attractive position in our dynamic organization, then please submit your cover letter and C.V.
Reference Code: AAM-5123948-6
As much as your professional skills, we value your personality. We are looking for a candidate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to learn quickly, self-motivation and the ability to work within a multinational environment are also very important.
Allianz Asset Management AG
Frankfurt am Main