Who we are:
The financial industry hinges on one simple act: the trade. When Bloomberg customers want to exchange value with other parties, this needs to be done with ease and immediacy. They are able to do this by using solutions such as those provided by the Trade Automation and Execution team (TRAAX). With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on performance. Our team
The MODA Middleware team builds the distributed infrastructure and APIs to accept, cache and deliver this data on an Enterprise scale: our key goals being reliability, flexibility and speed. We collaborate closely with our colleagues across Engineering and Product to understand their needs and develop powerful, intuitive APIs to publish or consume data, delivering millions of data points per second in real-time during peak flows.
Check out more about how we work and what it means to be a part of our Engineering team in Frankfurt here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-frankfurt-engineering/ We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Actively seek an understanding of our colleagues' software stacks and requirements to enable value judgments on our technology decisions
- Enjoy solving complex problems independently and in partnership with others in a team setting
- Design, architect and develop libraries and software systems
- Write well-tested, robust, modern code in a Linux environment
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- A willingness to keep an open mind to balancing engineering trade-offs according to goals and outcomes
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
We're incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you'll collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation.
Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
Since 2021 we've been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to collaborate across teams.
We're big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, we hold regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you're in the office you can enjoy brand-new facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, "outside the box" approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.