Software Engineer - Exchange Trading Connectivity (Frankfurt)
Every day, the Bloomberg systems analyse, process, and execute trading on trillions of data points. As engineers, we're building the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to for financial professionals across the globe.
Exchange Trading Connectivity (ETC) is an engineering group in Bloomberg that acts as a center of excellence for facilitating the transactional connectivity of Bloomberg's various order and execution management systems to trading venues. In Europe, we are strengthening Bloomberg's position as a leader in many markets by providing connectivity to major exchanges and venues.
What's in it for you?
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of one of our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with our Product team and meet internal clients to understand their needs and workflows. You'll get a chance to get involved in all phases of the software development life cycle and make an immediate impact on some of the world's toughest technical challenges. We are looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level!
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving complex problems: you will balance the best of your technical and product knowledge to craft outstanding solutions for our customers
- Be resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator willing to engage with the wider community - from Inner Source to Open Source to our stakeholders
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated work experience in C++
- Experience working in all phases of the software development life cycle
- A team-player attitude; willingness to collaborate with a diverse group of people from all over the world
- Humility and open-mindedness; willingness to acknowledge and learn from mistakes; desire to constantly improve oneself; openness to feedback
We'd love to see:
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial markets
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on.
The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
Olivia Meets Chelsea Ohh, Software Engineer Team Lead at Bloomberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmatgY7wGBE&feature=youtu.be
Learn more about Bloomberg Engineering -> https://www.bloomberg.com/company/engineering
Read about the unique problems we're solving -> https://www.techatbloomberg.com
See how Bloomberg's leading the way toward a sustainable future -> https://www.bloomberg.com/impact About Frankfurt:
You will join more than 170 Bloomberg employees who call Frankfurt their home base, working across Engineering, Product, Sales, Operations, and News. As more financial and technology companies build out offices in Frankfurt, we are excited to be expanding our Engineering teams here. These engineering teams in Frankfurt span trading connectivity, market data distribution, and automated trading. Our growing engineering department in Frankfurt maintains a close-knit feel, with regular tech talks, volunteering opportunities, and training opportunities. Why Bloomberg:
Bloomberg is a financial technology company. Our technology drives the world's leading financial market participants. Our strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg has one of the largest private networks in the world, and we process billions and billions of data from all over the globe.