About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to build tailored solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented and dedicated people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We encourage applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
In this role you will provide support to the sales colleagues in the DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), to the Country Head Germany and to the Head European Wholesale. Role Responsibilities
- Work closely with the colleagues in the DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) - prioritizing the Head of European Wholesale and the Country Head Germany
- Proactive diary management, arranging meetings with internal employees; external third party contacts and clients; constantly checking for possible clashes, preparing maps and directions for travel arrangements; sharing itineraries in advance; booking meeting rooms, arranging lunches, etc
- Responsible for office management activities: managing lease cars; liaising with 3rd party suppliers (cleaners/stationary/building management)
- Supporting Marketing Activities (e.g. supporting events or physical mailings)
- Communicating with support functions in London not limited to Finance/HR/IT/Corporate Services
- Processing invoices and liaising with Accounts Payable teams
- Taking minutes for team meetings as needed
- Expenses processing expenses and liaising with Accounts Payable teams
- Answering phone calls and taking messages
- Opening and distributing post as appropriate
- Ad-hoc duties such as filing, photocopying
Previous PA experience or similar
German native speaker and fluent in English
Strong administration, organisational and time management skills.
Strong prioritization skills
Advanced PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Flexibility to adapt as priorities get changed, added, cancelled at short notice
Excellent and effective communication, both written and verbal, at all levels
Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Able to act on own initiative
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team