Global investment banking group is expanding its Risk function in Frankfurt, creating a cross risk oversight/change function reporting to CRO to ensure that the banks different key risk areas/subjects frameworks evolve in line with changing regulatory/global standards.
Reporting to the Country CRO, as a senior member of the risk management function, this role:
- Owns the risk horizon and risk register- monitoring global/local regulatory developments & standards
- Is responsible for identifying and analysing gaps in the domestic & EU policies, standards/controls with an acute focus on material risk types.
- Lead & drives the design and implementation of enhancements, in partnership with the relevant subject matter experts/functions.
- Partner with the CRO on various committees and be the nerve centre for the regulatory change agenda.
- Championing the groups risk appetite and values
The ideal candidate will have:
- a natural ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders (Regulators, auditors, Divisional heads/Global risk exco
- deep understanding of European and German Banking regulations (BaFin knowledge essential)
- regulatory transformation experience
- ideal experience will have been gained in German Bank/subsidiary or Risk management consultancy aligned to this market.
- be fluent German & English.