Vice President – Senior Analyst (Banking)
The Role / Responsibilities:
Moody's has a great opportunity within its Banking Group that it seeks to fill. This team focuses on all bank and non-bank financial institutions across the EMEA region - a region which is home to some of the world's largest and most complex entities.
This opportunity will provide the combination of flexibility, responsibility and discretion in managing your own portfolio of rated banks, with the level of access to senior management, issuers and investors. We are seeking a motivated, ambitious individual to join our team in Frankfurt.
Operating across Europe, you will have immediate exposure, visibility and impact, whilst working on real cases where the application of your skills and expertise have an impact in financial markets. The ideal candidates will be a recognized subject matter expert in banking.
Analysts at Moody's develop in-depth sector and company knowledge and are directly responsible for developing and raising the profile of the team externally through thought-leading research, participation in conferences and boardroom interaction with issuers and investors.
Moody's flat hierarchy ensures that analyst's roles are broad and deep. When you combine that breadth and scope with the collegiate atmosphere, international environment with the high quality of talent in the business, it is a truly rewarding working experience that will stretch your abilities and challenge your talents.
As a global company, Moody's provides an excellent personal and career development platform to grow your career and develop your analytical expertise across geographies, businesses and sectors. As an organisation that values experience, there is a vast resource of knowledge within the business that can support your learning objectives, in parallel to the structured learning and development process. Key Responsibilities:
- Insightful and rigorous analysis. Write in-depth, high quality and focused research on financial institutions' credit trends, including thought-leading reports on banks, banking systems and credit trends.
- Ratings accuracy. Perform and present at committees in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a portfolio of European financial institutions mostly domiciled in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Effective communication with financial markets and issuers. Build and maintain high quality relationships with fixed-income investors, financial media and senior management
- Enhance banking franchise. Operate independently but supported by the rest of the European Banking team in enhancing Moody's Banking franchise.
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience including strong financial analysis experience
- Strong understanding of European Banks and their regulatory environment and the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc in relevant areas
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English and German is essential, additional language skills beneficial
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
- Ability to ensure ongoing self-development
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.