Vice President, Investment Strategist
Description About this role BlackRock Overview:
BlackRock is one of the world's leading asset management firms and a premier provider of risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access
our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Job Purpose/Background:
BlackRock aims at offering clients a whole portfolio perspective, which includes thought leadership on macro and markets, caters to their investment needs and offers views on tactical and strategic asset allocation. This role plays an important and fully integrated part in this approach. The role's main objective is to help foster BlackRock's regional identity as a leading provider in EEGA asset management and broaden our range of services to clients in the region.
The investment strategist supports the CIS and contributes to business development and execution of BlackRock Germany's growth strategy. By conveying the BII narrative, enriched by individual views as well as locally relevant content, and presenting to clients, the successful candidate will actively support the growth of BlackRock in the EEGA region.
In addition to its local function, the role will also have a formal link ('dotted reporting line') to a small team which is centrally located within the BII and headed by a senior investment strategist. In this function, the new colleague will be entrusted with tasks catering to the needs of other EMEA regions as well as the BII more generally. Key responsibilities
• Support the CIS in delivering the BII's whole portfolio perspective to clients in the EEGA region
• Connect to the central junior strategist team to work on common projects, be present and vocal in internal BII meetings/calls and actively promote connectivity between regional and central BII
• Help formulate views on markets and investment topics by using the full range of BII expertise, teaming up with regional colleagues and the overall BII team
• Act as a spokesperson for local relationship managers/sales colleagues when it comes to commenting on the market, asset allocation views or interpretation of special events (e.g., ECB announcements etc.)
• Help build out BlackRock's regional identity as a contact person to local media
• Contribute to formulating macro expertise, investment narratives and asset allocation views that cater to local investors' needs; offer regular updates
• Feedback local perspectives (from clients and based on research and findings) into the broader BII and BLK investor platform
• Support sales units (Wealth, ICB, FIG) as a speaker in client meetings, at events, conferences etc.
• Contribute to digital distribution of local macro & market content, e.g. writing the local weekly market outlook and/or shooting the video for the '8:20 Newsletter'.
• Reach out and connect to the firm's investor platforms (MASS, MPS, BAI etc.) and be prepared to offer insights from a regional perspective
• Help build out, in cooperation with the marketing and communications teams, BlackRock's reach on investment strategy topics using innovative formats (podcasts, videos, blogs, 'social media' etc.) Qualifications/Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Economics/Business Administration, a Master's degree and/or CFA is a plus
• Minimum of 4-6 years of related experience, ideally as a market economist/strategist and preferably in the banking or asset management industry
• Strong quantitative/modelling skills and asset allocation experience
• Understanding of the asset management industry, especially client needs in the local market, is required Additional Skills & Competencies:
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Strong command of German and good English in speaking and writing
• Outstanding analytical abilities in economics, finance and investment solutions
• Excellent team-playing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build strong and effective networks with colleagues within the BII, local business partners and
members of key functional areas in other locations Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.