The Bank of Ireland Global Acquisition Finance Unit was established in 1996 as a specialist acquisition/leveraged finance unit within the Corporate Banking division. The team is engaged in arranging and underwriting acquisition/leveraged finance transactions in Ireland, the UK, Continental Europe and the US and operates out of 6 offices. In 2006, a specialised Acquisition / Origination Team was established in Frankfurt and established itself as a leading player for LBO transactions in the D-A-CH market.
Based on a successful track record with 10 mandated lead arranger transactions over the last 12 months, we are now looking to strengthen our German team by hiring a Leveraged Finance professional at the Vice President / Associate Director level. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of Acquisition Finance Germany and the team in all transaction-related and client facing aspects, while being based in the Bank of Ireland Frankfurt Office.
Responsibilities to include:
- Origination and structuring of leveraged finance transactions
- Managing / independently lead the credit application process
- Preparation of credit papers and discussions with the bank’s decision makers
- Documentation structuring and transaction execution
- Analysis of business plans, due diligence packages as well as client and target information
- Preparation of external bank presentations
- Other duties associated with the role as required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and track record in a banking environment
- Accustomed to dealing with senior management and key stake holders
- Contacts into the Private Equity and Corporate Finance community as well as a solid understanding of the European Leveraged Finance market
- University degree in finance or equivalent qualification
- Strong credit analysis and cash flow modelling skills
- Analytical mind-set and structured work approach
- Ability to work in a team and take on responsibilities
- Excellent oral, numerical, written and communication skills
- Proficient in German and English language
- Sound knowledge and handling of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Proven ability in managing diverse work streams, changing priorities and meeting deadlines
Remuneration & Benefits:
- An established and entrepreneurial driven European Acquisition Finance Team offers interested candidates a great platform to further develop their transactions skills, expand their professional network and thrive in a challenging and flexible environment. The position offers the successful candidate a possibility to enter the fast-paced leveraged finance industry by joining a highly successful and professional team with excellent development and promotion prospects. An attractive remuneration package does also apply to the position.