The Web Specialist is a new position for MVIS serving as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website(s). Responsibilities include but not limited to web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure sites align with the goals and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Serves as the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website(s).
- Develops and maintains internet and intranet portals including technology, index launches, forms, and structures in accordance with the organization’s needs; collaborates closely with Operations and others invested leadership staff.
- Develops, implements, and maintains website content and email in collaboration with Marketing, and related departments.
- Collects and analyzes web analytics and similar data; identifies opportunities to improve search engine optimization (SEO), time on site, web traffic, and other relevant metrics.
- Assists with use of company websites through user support.
- Maintains and documents ownership of company’s internet domains.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards; software licenses; and applicable local rules and regulations including data security, privacy, and intellectual property laws.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and emerging developments in web design, web development, and technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required; coursework in digital media, web design, and/or computer programming highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of website management, analytics, design, and SEO best practices and standards.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn web content management systems, applications, and tools used by the organization.
- Highly proficient with HTML, AWS, Symfony, Linux, High Chart, and Marketo preferred.
- Working knowledge with programming languages such as PHP, SQL, and Python preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Language Skills: Proficiency in both written and spoken English and German.