Wholesale Credit Risk - EMEA Corporates - Associate (m/f/d) - Frankfurt
Credit Risk works closely with business partners across the region in J.P.Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank, including Debt Capital Markets, Acquisition and Leveraged Finance, M&A, Corporate Bank, Markets, Treasury Services and Trade Finance. Key products include:
More specifically the role will require:
- Acquisition debt financings and Leverage buy outs;
- Syndicated and bilateral loans;
- Corporate derivatives (eg. FX, interest rate, commodities, inflation);
- Trade finance including LCs, supply chain finance;
- Treasury service products including cash management.
Key Skills and Experience
- Strong credit and management skills. The candidate will be able to lead in-depth due diligence processes and coordinate and produce concise and insightful credit memos with clear recommendations, which will be the basis on which credit decisions are made.
- Excellent financial modeling skills.
- Familiarity with, and an understanding of, loan documentation, including LMA standard and leveraged finance documents and key ISDA/CSA documentation. Basic understanding of US-style leveraged loan documentation would be an advantage.
- Close working relationships at senior levels with a variety of areas within the Corporate & Investment Bank and CCBSI, including Coverage/GCB/CB, product specialists (DCM, ALF, Trade, TSS), Markets (Derivative Sales), Capital Markets and M&A.
- Regular liaison with Primary Credit Officers and Senior Credit Executives in EMEA as well N.A.
- Prime responsibility for the pro-active management of exposure to a portfolio of names and industry sectors.
- Understanding of J.P.Morgan's Risk policies and related interactions with various stakeholders (including Regulators and Auditors).
- Coaching and development of junior team members to bring them up the curve, both on the job and through trainings.
- Must demonstrate first rate analytical and credit skills/judgment, with an intensive 'hands on' approach to digging into the details of credit and structure.
- First rate project management skills and demonstrable end to end ownership of work/projects.
- Be able to establish credibility and trust with clients, Coverage/GCB/CB, product specialists and credit executives, and to partner with them effectively.
- Proven coaching and development ability.
- Previous experience of reviewing and commenting on loan documentation/core corporate derivative documentation.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). Knowledge of European languages (in addition to English) would be an advantage.
- Self-starting, result-driven, multi-tasking, risk-reward mindset and adaptable to change given the dynamic nature and timing of work-flow.
- Significant experience (at least 3-4 years) in roles with relevant skills for this position.
- Financial stability: competitive salaries, pension provisions via the BVV and our very own pension plan as well as an accident insurance
- Personal wellbeing: a range of offers available - from on-site medical checks and vaccinations to educational sessions and a subsidised in-house canteen, plus the option to increase your vacation entitlement to more than the standard 30 days pa
- Create a workspace where you can be yourself: you can get involved in our local philanthropic agenda, join employee networking groups and the JPM Club for social activities
- Build your career: benefit from our bespoke mentoring programme and a broad range of learning and development offerings