Associate, Small Cap Buyout Firm, Hamburg, Germany
Our client, a successful small cap buyout firm, is looking to add an Associate to their team in Hamburg. The fund is focusing on small to medium-sized companies in the German-speaking area and has historically built a strong record of super-high returns in over a decade together.
The firm is targeting majority stakes as well as complete takeovers of medium-sized companies with a revenue between ₠10m - ₠100m. The firm is more flexible when it comes to the time horizon. For that reason, there is a high emphasis on creating long-term, sustainable growth together with the management teams.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a small cap investor with a very family-friendly atmosphere and a particularly good work-life balance RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active involvement in identifying, evaluating and executing investment opportunities from sourcing new investments to all aspects of deal execution
- Working closely with senior colleagues in a lean deal team
- Taking on quick responsibility
- Operational portfolio work
- Strong academic background with excellent grades from top universities
- Proven financial modelling skills and incisive commercial judgement with initial professional training most likely at an investment bank or consulting firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence; humility and a "Mittelstand-friendly" approach
- Native German and fluent English are essential for this role