- Hamburg, Deutschland
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Hamburg Südamerikanische Dampfschifffahrts-Gesellschaft ApS & Co KG
Volle Fahrt voraus für Ihre Karriere an Land!
Hamburg Süd has been active in global sea trade for more than 145 years. Today, it ranks among the world's 10 largest container shipping lines. With about 6,300 employees, Hamburg Süd has a global presence. Hamburg Süd also enjoys a reputation beyond the shipping sector as a competent and reliable partner for individual logistics solutions tailored to customers' needs from a single source.
To strengthen our Finance & Accounting department, we are looking for an experienced
Specialist (m/f) Accounting
- To prepare the monthly financial statements pursuant to IFRS (fast close) and the yearly financial statements pursuant to HGB
- To prepare the monthly data for BCS and OS, including evaluations of the notes and other information
- To assist with questions pertaining to the rendering and valuation processes involved in international consolidated accounting
- To provide planning support and support with the forecasting processes implemented over the course of the year, in close coordination with the Controlling / Management Reporting department
- To reliably process all business transactions of the holding company in the headquarter
- Conduct of ad-hoc analyses
- Development / improvement of financial accounting processes and involvement in upcoming projects, such as the introduction of SAP-FI
- Degree in business administration with a focus on accounting or finance (BSc / MSc)
- Several years of applied accounting experience (bookkeeping in general ledger and sub ledgers in multi-geography / multi-currency exposure)
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of financial accounting as per HGB (German Commercial Code) and IFRS, knowledge of further GAAPs would be of advantage
- Hands on balance sheet reconciliation experience
- Exposure to consolidation process, to financial reporting risks and controls as well as period end controlling and analytical review experience desirable
- Hands on exposure in modern financial systems as end user or super user (SAP FI-GL / FI-CO, Hyperion etc.)
- An excellent command of the standard MS Office programs
- A very good command of English, both written and verbal
- An analytical, conceptual mindset as well as a high level of learning agility
- An independent, proactive and reliable work approach
- A strong sense of responsibility as well as team-working and communication skills
- Enjoying working in a multicultural environment within an international company
- An international and modern work environment
- Continuous and individual training programs
- A performance-based compensation and extensive social benefits
- Employment in Hamburg’s city Center
If we have aroused your interest we are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents, including your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date. Please send your written application to Ms. Simone Niessner.
Severely disabled applicants will be considered preferentially in the case of equal qualification and aptitude.