Top Global Mid-Market PE Fund seeks Investment Associate for Hamburg Office
- Hamburg, Deutschland Hamburg Hamburg DE
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Our client is one of the world's leading mid-market private equity funds. They are currently seeking an investment associate to join their Hamburg office, where they will join a high-calibre team covering the German-speaking region of Europe. You will work across the investment life cycle, from investment execution to portfolio development, and will evaluate opportunities across a range of sectors. The successful candidate MUST have >2 years of experience in a top Management Consultancy firm, and must speak fluent German. Any additional corporate finance experience will be advantageous. You cannot have had previous full-time experience in a PE fund.
This role would see you working across the full investment life-cycle, from evaluating investment opportunities and executing investments to potfolio development and exits, from Day 1. As such, you will have a diverse range of day to day tasks and will benefit from an excellent level of exposure to both investment opportunities and portfolio companies, as well as to the senior team. The role will allow you to develop your coverage across mutliple industries and sectors given our client's generalist focus, whilst using your entrepreneurial skills to help develop some of the most exciting high-growth opportunities in the German speaking region.
This opportunity will offer you:
- Extremely strong deal flow within the DACH region.
- Exposure to multiple industries given the generalist sector focus.
- The ability to work across the investment life cycle.
- Exposure to some of the most experienced seniors in the German-speaking region.
- High levels of responsibility from joining the team.
- MUST HAVE: 2-6 years of Management Consultancy experience.
- Additional Corporate Finance/IBD experience, through internships or a change of role, would be advanteageous.
- Previous experience working within the DACH mid-market is strongly preferred.
- Exposure to PE clients or other financial sponsors will be looked upon favourably.
- German fluency is required, and native German speakers will be at an advantage due to their ability to build relationships with mid-market companies in the DACH region.
- Candidates who only have IBD experience will not be considered for this position.
- Candidates with previous full-time PE experience will not be considered for this position.