Senior Manager WI Operations
About the opportunity Department Description
Within the German Institutional Business, the Workplace Investing group has been established in 2006 to exploit the potential of defined contribution concepts and to position Fidelity as a leading full-service solution provider in the German pension market. Within this context, Fidelity is offering three main propositions to corporate clients in Germany, a pre-retirement solution (Lebensarbeitszeitkonten), a DC-type pension plan as well as the external funding of book reserves whether DB or DC via the Fidelity contractual trust arrangement. The unit comprises a sales team, client management, implementation and communication functions
WI Operations is responsible for the onboarding of new DC clients as well as managing any type of change projects within the DC Business. For this purpose, the WI Operations team interacts with the Sales, Relationship, Legal, Marketing, FFB Operations Team within Fidelity and also the external providers for the member administration Purpose of your role
You will be responsible for the implementation of DC pension schemes on the respective platform as well as the respective member administration system and ensure that new Fidelity DC Schemes are established to agreed timescales and that the DC Scheme implementation meets Fidelity quality, efficiency and product definitions. You will work in an independent manner coordinating with various areas to set up a smooth operational structure referring to the legal regulations. Within the implementation project you will be the central point of contact to ensure well-functioning workflows both within Fidelity and with external business partners always focussing on customer satisfaction. The overall goal is to ensure accuracy in the ongoing daily operational processes. A high level of ownership, excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan, supervise and control effectively is required. In addition, you will be responsible for managing any WI-related projects with a focus on but not limited to operational / administrative improvements within the Institutional Business area. The role will involve a degree of travel within Germany. Key Responsibilities
- Manage the relationship with the 3rd party providers, in particular with the external administrator as well as further business partners
- Manage and taking responsibility for WI-related projects from initiation to implementation stage, especially regarding introduction or enhancement of processes and products
- Provide input in the decision-making process to senior management for such projects when required
- Manage the implementation of new DC schemes after client take-on with focus on:
- Liaising with other Fidelity functions to analyse scheme rules for legal and operational compatibility, e.g. WI Sales- and Relationship Team, Legal, Risk, Compliance, FFB as well as involved external business partners
- Working with client and/or internal contacts to clarify (data) requirements and resolve outstanding issues relating to the plan administration
- Analyse scheme rules documents for operational and legal compatibility
- Communicate scheme design features to all impacted Fidelity areas as Legal, Risk, Compliance, FFB
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Provide the right level of project governance and documentation throughout a WI-related project or scheme Implementation
- Provide, discuss and taking responsibility for monthly or quarterly reporting / analysis
- Establish and improve working relationships with internal and external areas through the development of new processes and procedures
- Understand the full array of Fidelity products and services, specifically, but not restricted to the institutional area. Examples would be services related to all aspects of the defined contribution pension schemes and Fidelity funds offered to such schemes
- Interface with client and/or internal associates to solve problems and resolve outstanding issues relating to plan administration or any of Fidelity's products and services
- Manage client change projects
- Establish and maintain documents for internal documentation e.g. lists, overviews, descriptions, analysis etc.
- Show creativity in solving issues & encourage continuous improvement through the development of new processes and procedures
About you About Fidelity International
- University degree in Business Administration and/or Economics/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Solid implementation process knowledge and project management expertise
- Good knowledge of retirement market
- Ability to manage and supervise external service providers
- Self-starter, keen to take on responsibility and new projects
- MS Office knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio)
- Ability to work well with various internal Fidelity departments at all levels
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, plan for such events and problem solve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German
- Excellent organisation skills, good conceptual thinking and attention to details
- Team player
- Willingness to take over responsibility
- The position would suit someone who is able to manage their own time and a workload that can be heavy at times.
- Willingness to travel at times and when required in client projects and 3rd party meetings
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.