is a world-leading insurtech company driven by a single purpose: to enable people to be safe by making insurance 10 times better
through technology. Together with more than a 1000 employees in 8 locations across Europe, we are on a mission to give the world easy access to digital insurance solutions.
We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimize each individual's risk coverage by offering innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products. We integrate the extensive know-how built up in the individual countries and the exchange of experience to build strong expertise among the wefox
technology experts in our Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Paris, and Milan.
We are looking for a data-savvy controller
to support us with our local controlling, planning and monitoring activities
for the German market
. You will help us develop a state-of-the-art controlling landscape
in a fun, techie, dynamic, fast-paced environment
. This role is located in our centrally located German office
touching Potsdamer Platz. We offer a hybrid-work environment
, which means that you will be expected to work in the office 3 days a week. In this role you will
What you bring:
- Assist in financial planning, reporting and controlling of the various legal entities :
- Manage local financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting together with the Finance team. Create variance analysis reports and financial models. Lead real-time financial performance monitoring . Escalate any financial issues to management.
- Analyse financial results , distil and synthesise key messages to management. Analyse, interpret and communicate financial performance. Analyse profit-and-loss income statements and prepare reports and recommendations to management.
- Monitor the performance of the German insurance portfolio , identify key drivers, risks and opportunities
- Assist in proposing concrete measures to management to push sales and financial performance
- In charge of local external reporting on the German insurance portfolio (e.g. GDV reporting)
- Be at the intersection of many different teams
- Work in an entrepreneurial hyper growth environment
- Be able to explore and use the data with a great amount of freedom in our SQL database, using Python, Power BI
- Establish new and redesign existing controlling processes
- Be a member of the German Finance team and be mentored by the Head of Finance of wefox in Germany
What we offer:
- Experience working in a finance team in insurance with a good grasp of controlling activities, ideally in the German insurance market
- Academic background in a finance field , such as controlling, business administration or data science, ideally with a good understanding of accounting principles
- A data-driven way of thinking paired with the necessary programming skills to work with data, such as SQL and Python
- Willingness to get a deep understanding of the German insurance book by approaching various stakeholders and asking questions
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Some experience with BI tools such as Power BI would be helpful
- Proficiency in English and German. Both are must-haves since you will work closely with the Group and the local teams
Now, we've gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid work environment
- Free access to a mental health and well-being platform to access to personalised care, such as 1:1 coaching and therapy sessions for life's ups and downs - whether at work, at home, or in your relationships
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner. Your contact person for this role is Thomas Jannasch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.