This role is with a High growth Fintech in the real estate sector, the role is fully remote, you can be based in London or Germany with occasional travel (once a month) into London or Hamburg.
As experienced Accountant, you will help deliver the accounts of residential real estate portfolios, currently in Germany with European expansion planned.
As a Manager, you will help deliver significant team-level projects and help guide more junior colleagues.
- Deliver portfolio accounts across a number of client portfolios, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with national regulations (HGB).
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders, and partner with internal stakeholders to drive analysis and action from the reports.
- Manage relationships with German banks, external tax consultants and accountants.
- Help recruit, manage and train members of the team, including bookkeepers and junior accountants.
- Help onboard and manage a new accounting software (RELion, based on Microsoft Dynamics).
- Manage cash flow for the portfolio(s).
- Establish controls, processes and procedures to deliver scalable financial management.
- Work closely with the Property Management team, to ensure asset level records and maintained and actions executed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Product team to design and implement new software/solutions to improve financial management, information and data sharing.
- Seek to continually drive improvements by implementing your ideas for change.
- You are a qualified accountant with 3-5 years of experience.
- You have strong knowledge on German accounting standards (HGB), with knowledge of real estate a massive plus.
- Excellent German and English spoken & written communication skills.
- Excellence with MS Office, and experience with Microsoft Dynamics a big plus.
- You are detail-orientated and love meeting deadlines.
- You are a problem solver who takes initiative, responsibility and leads by example.
- You like to take on responsibility and see the extraordinary potential of a fast-growing, international scale-up.