2022 Summer Intern - Account Analyst, Munich
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2022 Summer Internship - Account Analyst, Munich (Undergraduate)
Internship positions are located at Munich office.
See Yourself as an Account Analyst, Munich
Summer Account Analysts serve in a dynamic role, responsible for supporting the servicing of PIMCO's Institutional clients or Global Wealth Management (GWM) businesses. Your primary responsibility will be to support PIMCO's investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. During your internship, you will gather, analyse and discuss economic and market trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to Account Managers and clients.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Programme runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteerin g , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply: Applications open September 13, 2021
. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & cover letter as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform.
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You'll excel as an Account Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 - June 2023
- Have a minimum 2:1 degree (or the equivalent) at an accredited college or university
- Are business proficient in English & German. Proficiency in additional European languages is highly desirable.
- Have a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess the ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Are personable, have the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Are ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Have taken finance/capital markets coursework (recommended)