The European Patent Office is known worldwide for delivering high-quality patents and efficient services that foster innovation, competitiveness and economic growth. Just as every patent is unique, so are the highly skilled investment professionals who manage the EPO's pension and social security reserve funds. We are now looking for an exceptional individual to join us as:
Accounting and Compliance Officer of the Reserve Funds
The Reserve Funds for Pensions and Social Security (RFPSS) are a special class of asset of the European Patent Organisation that invest globally in a broad range of asset categories in accordance with an established investment strategy. They are managed internally by a team of investment specialists, both by means of direct investments and by using third-party collective investment vehicles, including investment funds and certificates. Given the size of the reserve funds (about EUR 11 billion), the results achieved by managing the RFPSS investments are of vital importance for the financial health of the Organisation.
The Principal Directorate Administration of the Reserve Funds comprises four departments: Portfolio Management, Investment Analytics and Risk and Process Management, Accounting and Internal Control, and Administration and Operations. Together they are responsible for executing the front-to-back investment process for the reserve funds.
With us you will:
- be responsible for the accounts and financial reporting of the investment activities of the RFPSS
- ensure that the investment activities comply in content and form with all relevant regulations and report on the results regularly to the Fund Administrator and others
- liaise with the Board of Auditors, Internal Audit and the Finance department
- manage the team and develop staff entrusted with accounting and internal controls
- represent the accounting and internal control department internally and externally
Apply if you have:
- several years of experience in the financial services industry, with a focus on accounting and compliance in a bank, investment management company, audit company, insurance company or equivalent experience in securities management
- strong expertise in the area of IFRS accounting for financial instruments and in securities accounting systems
- the proven ability to lead and develop a team of investment professionals and create an engaging work environment
- strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- strong analytical skills and familiarity with financial mathematics and derivatives
- the ability to perform under pressure and with the highest standards of integrity
- diploma of completed studies at master's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience
- excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (English, French and German) and the ability to understand the other two; in exceptional cases, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language and working knowledge (at least B2) of another (in such cases, the willingness to learn the third language and to reach level B2 within a set time frame would be required)
- citizenship of one of the https://www.epo.org/about-us/foundation/member-states.html member states of the European Patent Organisation.
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
Job group: 4
Grade: G7 to G10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 911.89 to 8 372.25 depending on experience)
Duration of appointment: 5 years
Career path: Managerial
Application deadline: 23-06-2022
Interviews planned for: 01-13.07.2022
* after deduction of EPO-internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social security and pension schemes.