DC Placement Advisors (DCPLA) is a leading placement and advisory firm in the alternative investment sector with an emphasis on Sustainable Private Markets Funds. DCPLA supports global alternative investment managers placing their private market funds to top-tier institutional investors. Founded in 2008 and with HQ in Germany (Munich), DCPLA supports the entire range of alternative asset classes spanning infrastructure, private equity, renewable energy, real estate, private debt, and venture capital. DCPLA is seeking asap an Associate/Senior Associate for Fund Analysis / CRM Management to support our middle office.
DC Placement Advisors (DCPLA) is a leading placement and advisory firm in the alternative investment sector with an emphasis on core European markets. DCPLA supports global alternative investment managers placing their private market funds to top-tier institutional investors. Founded in 2008 and with HQ in Germany (Munich), DCPLA supports the entire range of alternative asset classes spanning from infrastructure, private equity, renewable energy, real estate, private debt, and venture capital. DCPLA is seeking an Associate/Senior Associate for Fund Analysis / CRM Management to support our middle office.
With a thorough understanding of the institutional mindset, our vast industry recognition and established, long-term relationships with key institutional investors, DCPLA provides a distinctive advantage in the rapid closure of new assignments. DCPLA is renowned for its outstanding investor mapping capabilities and market insight, its streamlined business approach, and its focus on execution efficiency.
DCPLA’s business is focused on Europe (DACH, France, Benelux, Mediterraneans, and the Nordics) and we manage relationships with Europe´s leading pension plans, insurance companies, asset managers, endowments, family offices, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, and their investment consultants on behalf of our clients, leading asset managers from the global alternative investment industry.
The fund placement group provides our clients, leading private equity, infrastructure, private debt, real estate, and renewable energy managers with distribution services, such as coverage and sales services and our middle office provides high-class advisory and product management services to best prepare and support the investment managers for their entire fundraising periods.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Assisting in Fund advisory (middle office) assignments such as:
- Analyzing private markets funds across all alternative asset classes
- Carrying out Investment Manager Due Diligence
- Advising clients regarding marketing material like pitchbooks, marketing teasers
- Advising clients regarding data room structure and content
- Creation of benchmarking analysis and competitor analysis
- Coordination and management of advisory projects
- Supporting clients on structuring and how to set up market appropriate funds
CRM (client relationship) responsibilities:
- Coordination between the sales team and DCPLA client (fund manager or GP) as a Client Relationship Manager who is the first point of contact
- Investor reporting and sales controlling in Salesforce (a leading cloud platform) for all applicable coverage
- Investor mapping in Salesforce.com (selection of investor types, investor accounts in all relevant countries to create the base of the sales and marketing campaign)
- Coordination and organizing of European investor roadshows
- Coordination of the entire sales cycle including due diligence and KYC processes
- Preparing the performance tracker project for the sales account manager
- Research on investor data and preparing of investor profiles
- Assisting in the KYC process
Product Management related responsibilities:
- Assisting in working on investor RFPs
- Assisting in all kinds of product-relevant tasks
- Supporting Due Diligence processes between investor and fund manager
- Updating of product marketing material (cover letter, teaser)
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's/Masters degree is required from an accredited college or university with preference given to finance degrees
- Excellent analytical skills and orientation to detail
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a team environment as part of a deal team and independently, as necessary
- Ability to self-manage projects and analyze private market funds
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience (i.e. internships, analyst positions) in the financial services industry (preferably you already worked for fund managers, investment consultants, fund-of-funds, or asset managers)
- CAIA, CFA I-III or other appropriate designations would be a strong bonus
- Must be able to demonstrate a great knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office products (great experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a must)
- CRM Salesforce.com applied knowledge is a very strong benefit, but not a must
- Excellent command of business English in speaking and writing is a must, other languages are a plus
- The positive, fast-paced work environment in an established, serial award-winning, and recognized placement agent and advisory boutique firm with pioneer status
- Great possibility to learn everything and deepen your knowledge about alternative investments and the private markets fund sector, the most substantial growth potential within the institutional investment and asset management landscape.
- Competitive remuneration with recognition for hard work
- International, English-speaking team environment
- Outstanding quality of living in Munich
- Complimentary educational offerings (ie. CAIA)
Please send your full application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of your achievements) to hr(at)dcpla.com (Mrs. Eva March, Managing Director). Please, state your salary expectations and your desired or earliest entry date. For questions, please call Eva March at +49 89 90 77 46 99 14.