Associate, Fund of Funds - Buyout, Private Debt and Infrastructure, Munich, Germany
Our client is a successful fund investor looking for a driven investment professional to work on the firm's private equity, private debt and infrastructure fund investments across Europe. The new hire will also be involved in the firm's co-investment and secondaries strategies. With a strong track record and significant financial resources the firm would like to expand their deal team and hire an additional Associate. The position will be based in Munich. RESPONSIBILITIES
- As part of the investment team you will work on the whole deal life cycle focused on fund investments, secondaries and selective co-investments.
- On a daily basis you will be responsible for managing various due diligence workstreams liaising with internal stakeholders, investors, GPs and external advisors alike.
- Prepare the due diligence results and documents for investment committee meetings.
- Monitor current portfolio firms and provide regular updates to the investor base.
- The fund is looking for a dedicated new team member who will take on responsibility quickly and who has a genuine interest in establishing a long-term career in the fund of funds space.
- Strong university degree with a focus on banking or finance.
- First experience in M&A, corporate or project finance, strategy consulting or private equity. Prior exposure to fund investments is not required but will be helpful.
- You should bring excellent numerical and financial modelling skills combined with a hands-on working attitude. Good communication and interpersonal skills will help you to establish good working relationships with current portfolio firms and target GPs.
- Native-level German and fluent English are mandatory.