Compliance Risk Assessment Methodology Manager m/f/d, Vice President
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for a Compliance Risk Assessment Methodology Manager to join our State Street Bank International (SSBI) Compliance Department in Munich. The successful candidate will have an expertise in compliance, business control or audit functions within the Financial Services sector and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The role may evolve into compliance or into other risk and control areas position. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Compliance Risk Assessment Methodology Manager you will
What we value
- Develop and implement a methodology for a risk analysis and conduct the ongoing risk assessments for SSBI and its branches
- Prepare the annual risk assessment in collaboration with key stakeholders including compliance and business partners, regulators, auditors, and other key constituents
- Key contributor to the re-design/ review, development and maintenance of an enhanced Risk Assessment methodology and framework
Documentation of the assessed risk and communication of recommendations for compliance strategies based on accurate identification of the potential regulatory risk, business risk, franchise risk, reputational risk and emerging risks
- Drive development and maintenance of detailed policies, methodologies and procedures related to the banks risk assessment process
- Define and document the parameters and valuation of the various relevant components of the risk analysis on the basis of the business, products and processes of the bank in consideration of the applicable regulatory requirements and potential consequences of non-compliance.
- Execution of ad hoc risk analyses in partnership with respective subject matter experts to formulate a risk opinion.
- Review of the control framework for risk mitigation with the business and the management
- Understand various risk assessment frameworks and formulate recommendations for Compliance strategies
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core regulatory requirements, products of business units, applicable financial markets, industry trends and key technology in use by the business units
- Support the development, implementation, reviews and revisions of compliance manuals, policies and procedures
- Advice, challenge and support senior management in order to comply with rules, regulations, policies and procedures, act as coordinator for resolution of compliance issues
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance, such as supporting production of management reporting
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong team management skills
About State Street What we do.
- Successfully completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree or similar educational background
- Experience within risk, compliance, legal or audit functions within the financial services sector
- Knowledge of regulations and best practices
- Knowledge of common processes for conducting a risk analysis or previous knowledge in compliance risk assessment
- Fluent in English; knowledge of additional European language beneficial
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers