Data Scientist for Investment Solution Design (Associate) (m/f/d) in Digital@Investment team at Allianz Investment Management SE, Munich
- München, Bayern, Deutschland München Bayern DE
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Allianz SE...
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
The Digital@Investment team at Allianz Investment Management SE (AIM) has the mission to drive strategy definition for digital transformation of the investment management function, lead and facilitate the implementation of AIM Digital Roadmap, support training activities for digital skill building and facilitate networking and digital community building across AIM and with other Allianz entities. As Data Scientist in Digital@Investment team you will have a unique opportunity to apply your business experience and knowledge in advanced analytics, computer science and other novel technologies to identify business needs for digitalization along the investment value chain.
• Support business owners in all AIM functions and regions in identifying business use cases, where advanced analytics and smart automation can add value, and train business owners to use digital investment solutions (e.g. model results) in their daily decisions or processes
• Consolidate global and local ideas, assess and prioritize use cases for digitalization, define and maintain global AIM Digital Roadmap, define and maintain data strategy
• Drive and support implementation of digital projects on the global roadmap by identifying relevant internal & external data sources, potential technology partners, monitoring the progress of all projects
• Contribute to selected projects as a project leader or member, e.g. data collection, preparation and analysis, design and implementation of analytics solutions using machine learning algorithms and different programming languages
• Coordinate AIM digital expert community (incl. data scientist network), maintain a library of digital solutions at AIM, foster knowledge and best practice sharing across AIM community
• Monitor data and technology trends by attending relevant conferences and tech fairs, conduct training sessions in data science technologies to strengthen digital skills of AIM colleagues
The ideal candidate is a passionate and capable problem solver, equipped with strong analytical skills and good understanding of insurance & investment management business and eager to approach various kinds of challenges in complex environments. Adept at creative and critical thinking, the ideal candidate is able to deconstruct business
problems, transform analytical insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions and translate the results into the business context of different stakeholders. Candidates must be quick learners with a strong sense of personal responsibility, a technical orientation as well as project management and strong communication skills.
• At least 2- 3 years of work experience in investment, risk or actuarial function of an insurance or banking or asset management company
• Master degree in finance, economics, statistics, (financial) mathematics, computer science, engineering, operations research, actuarial science, data science, business informatics, physics, or other quantitative filed; PhD is a plus
• Solid knowledge of financial modeling and solid understanding of insurance business
• Good IT and programming skills; knowledge of Matlab, C/C++, R or Python
• Strong knowledge of data science (e.g. predictive / prescriptive analytics, applied machine learning, statistical modeling, data visualization)
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong project management and networking skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team player, ready to take over responsibility, dependable with independent thinking and an entrepreneurial attitude
• Capable to drive pragmatic rapid problem solution and deliver the results within agreed timeframe and given resources
• High interest in creating business impact and change in a complex corporate environment
• Eager to learn new things
• Passionate about digital transformation
Entry date at 01.07.2018 or later, full-time
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 85 million private and corporate customers and more than 142,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to
collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Allianz Investment Management (AIM) is the investment management arm of the Allianz Group, responsible for managing the risk/return profile of its EUR 650 bn investment portfolio. Our global network of more than 500 employees in over 60 countries is organized in regional hubs located in Munich, Milan, Minneapolis, Paris, and Singapore. It offers multifaceted career opportunities for outstanding investment talents. AIM provides the perfect opportunity to embark on or continue your international career.
If you are interested in the position described above and think you have the right profile, please submit your full application documents (incl. CV, certificates, references and motivation letter) at www.allianz.com/careers.
AIM continues to grow and supports its employees to do the same. We believe that work should be rewarding, and that good work should be rewarded. We offer opportunities and strive for excellence. And our actions are guided first and foremost by high ethical standards and our sense of commitment to society. Everyone is welcome to apply, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, nationality, religion, or disability.
Allianz Investment Management SE