The PIMCO EMEA Finance team is primarily responsible for oversight and financial management across the region, which includes financial planning and analysis, managing risks, accounting and controls, and reporting. The team works closely with the Newport Beach finance team and 3rd party bookkeepers on all financial and business analysis matters. The candidate will serve as an EMEA Finance Associate for operations in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Spain. The candidate will lend their experience and expertise to select strategic projects where relevant. The position will report to the Senior Finance Manager and is based in Munich.
As a global firm, many projects and tasks require close coordination with different teams and colleagues across the globe. Therefore, strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills across stakeholders (both inside and outside of the finance function) are essential. As the industry and our business continues to evolve and becomes more complex, a solutions-oriented mindset and the ability to adapt and think flexibly is essential.
- Prepare reviews of the financial statements and any required financial and regulatory reports to ensure all information is reported in conformity with applicable GAAP and regulations and consistent with established company policies and procedures.
- Support the team in the financial reporting preparation carried out by local bookkeepers, including month and year end close processes.
- Conduct accounting research and assisting with the resolution of technical accounting issues.
- Prepare and support in all audit queries (internal and external).
- Assist in interpretation of new contracts and interface with the appropriate teams to ensure the contracts are appropriately accounted for in the ledger.
- Create management Reporting including management accounts and cost center reports as well as responding to request for Financial information in Request For Proposals
- Monitor forecasts and budgets; provide variance analysis.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and assumptions to assist with optimizing liquidity according to the company’s and group’s policies and initiation of repatriation or funding actions.
- Liaise with the relevant counterparts on the business side, International Tax located in Newport Beach, local bookkeeper, and tax advisors on tax matters including the support of the preparation of the corporate tax and VAT returns. Communications with PIMCO’s parent company accounting staff will also be required.
- Prepare reports to senior management.
- Preparation of various statutory regulatory reporting returns.
- Document and/or carry out financial reporting controls, policies and procedures.
- Ad hoc projects including technology, process improvement, and new business integration.
- The candidate will ideally have experience in an accounting/financial reporting role, preferably with a demonstrable track record in a well-regarded accounting firm and/or financial services company (ideally would have 2 - 5 years’ experience in the industry).
- Understanding of German GAAP, IFRS, and US GAAP as well as general knowledge of financial reporting in a regulatory environment. Charity accounting knowledge in Germany beneficial but not essential.
- Understanding and experience of regulatory capital reporting in Germany and the regulatory environment (Bundesbank returns/BaFin) as European prudential rules beneficial.
- Demonstrate good analytical and critical thinking skills; including the ability to identify problems and suggest solutions.
- Work well under pressure and ability to prioritize amongst multiple projects with a sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues.
- Proactive self-starter who is able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Highly organized; risk aware, controls focussed, process experience beneficial, with strong documentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP a benefit.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; can work with all levels and stakeholders both internally and externally.
PLEASE BE ADVISED WE REQUIRE A GOOD LEVEL OF GERMAN LANGUAGE SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE