Investment Manager or Director for a Successful Local Family Office, Munich, Germany
Our client is a successful real estate entrepreneur looking to broaden his portfolio of investments into early, mid and later stage direct private equity and venture capital. The family office has developed a strategy and structure to deliver this and is already seeing meaningful deal flow and actively deploying capital in these strategies but now wishes to step up and therefore plans to recruit an experienced investor at Manager or possibly Director level, subject to experience, who will support the owner and a recently hired new partner in developing and growing this part of the business.
The new team member should bring a record of success in direct investments (either PE or VC, or both), an active network of fellow investors, advisers and founders, and a naturally entrepreneurial mindset, eager to build something new and distinctive and ready to work alongside existing team members in a dynamic company culture. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sourcing and analysis of deal flow, focused mainly on the DACH markets and including venture, growth and later stage / buyout opportunities.
- Manage diligence, structuring / financing, negotiations and execution end to end, coordinating advisers and internal colleagues as appropriate
- Active portfolio monitoring and value creation initiatives to optimise the portfolios through to exit
- Close cooperation with the owner over the strategic development of this business and the wider group
- An experienced mid-level direct investor in smaller to mid cap venture, growth and / or private equity
- A dynamic, driven personality, able to work effectively in an entrepreneurial owner-managed culture and ready to drive the development of new business activities; a natural self-starter
- Incisive commercial judgement, the ability to build trusted relationships with owners and managers and to position the firm optimally to secure attractive investment opportunities.
- Native German language