Legal Counsel, High-Performing Private Investment Fund, Munich, Germany or London, UK
Our client, a high-performing investment fund, is currently looking to hire a Legal Counsel to join their impressive team. The fund, which invests across the European mid-market space, have recently completed a second fund-raise and have a number of acquisitions and growth plans lined up for the year ahead - making it a very exciting time to join!
As the Legal Counsel, you will immediately be afforded plenty of responsibility whilst working closely with the funds CFO and wider investment team. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for providing advice and support with respect to the structuring and formation of the funds, some legal aspects of the transactions and general group tasks. You will also be tasked with owning the relationship with external counsel along with gaining plenty of exposure to investors. This is a newly created role within the business in which you will be given the autonomy to grow and develop.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified lawyer with experience in the fund space, either in-house or practice, to become an integral member of the team. Due to the fund operating across the European market, proficiency in the German language is essential. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafting / preparing and reviewing all fund related legal documents
- Providing advice and support with respect to the structuring and formation of the funds
- Ensuring all fund transactions are fully documented and compliant with legal framework
- Providing legal advice to the group, the on-boarding of investors and monitoring legal fees
- Liaising with external counsel and service providers to instruct and review agreements / documentation
- Recently qualified Lawyer with previous exposure to the fund industry
- Knowledge of fund formation and structuring, ideally with a background in a legal practice funds team
- Exposure to the private debt investment industry would be advantageous
- Proficiency in German is an essential