Partner or Principal, Growth Capital, Munich or Berlin, Germany
A prominent early stage investment firm is looking to hire senior investors (Partner or Principal) bringing growth stage track records to join their existing team and lead new deal opportunities in series B, C and later round investing. Building on a highly successful existing franchise, and working within the same team and fund structure, the new hires will develop this expanding new marketplace and build a complementary portfolio of fast-growing digital assets. Once a senior team is identified, additional junior hires will follow. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Network widely amongst entrepreneurs and fellow growth investors to identify the most attractive dealflow
- Position the fund as a preferred investment partner, illustrating knowledge, network, experience and track record.
- Lead the internal processes, working with existing partners and colleagues to maximise knowledge and access in the build up to formal decision making, structuring terms and running diligence
- Highly active work with portfolio companies post deal across strategic and operational priorities, including through further funding rounds right up to exit.
- Senior level investment experience at a recognised growth or later stage private equity group, with a demonstrable tra ck record of relevant investments
- Deep insights into internet and tech business models and a wide network of connected founders, investors and advisers; a proven origination capability
- Excellent commercial judgement; the ability to spot a true growth story and make it happen
- Advanced people skills - emotional intelligence, humility, team working, passion, momentum, trustworthiness, reliability. Be the investor that top founders want in their cap table!
- The role will be based in either Berlin or Munich. English is the firm's working language and there is no requirement for German, though it is likely some familiarity will be helpful in leading a fulfilling life locally.