Principal / Director, Highly Active Pan-European Mid-Market Buyouts, Munich, Germany
Our client is a well-established mid-market fund, now investing its 4th fund across several European markets. The partners have an enviable track record and have built a very strong team and internal culture with several small local teams embedded in key regional markets. This has enabled individuals to have significant responsibility on deals and with portfolio assets, and to develop rapidly within the firm. Their current investment rate is impressive and they have a very strong sourcing pipeline, leading them to look for an experienced senior hire to join the team and add extra capacity to their DACH operation, based in Munich. The role is envisaged at either director or principal level, subject to previous experience, and is expected to be on a path to partnership accordingly. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as deal captain for new investments, leading a small team on all execution workstreams. Your primary focus will be the DACH market but you are likely to gain significant exposure to other European deals as well.
- Extend the firm's already successful origination activities, building networks and opportunities with families, entrepreneurs and management teams
- You will quickly take on portfolio responsibilities as well, working actively with management teams to drive value creation in organic and inorganic projects
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the firm, its strategy and investor base.
- Significant private equity investment experience as deal leader in a recognised and respected fund
- Most likely, previous M&A training and experience in a large investment bank; alternative early careers may include consulting or possibly operational roles but must demonstrate solid financial and transaction training opportunities
- Excellent social skills - humility, emotional intelligence, character judgement, integrity, team working, and an international mindset
- First class analytical and financial skills plus instinctive commercial judgement.
- Native German / fluent English; other European languages are a notable advantage.