Real Estate, Portfolio Manager
Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets - Real Estate is a global investor and manager of real estate assets. The team consists of approximately 230 high performing and motivated employees across circa 20 cities globally. The business manages +US$25 billion of assets, across two distinct investment strategies - core / core plus; and opportunistic. While we always take a pragmatic approach to investing, we are currently focused on sectors that we believe are supported by structural tailwinds (multi-housing, logistics/industrial, office and data centers).
As a Portfolio Manager in Munich, you will contribute to the portfolio management team's ultimate responsibility for the fund performance, focusing on investing committed equity in accordance with the fund profile and agreed strategy and maximising returns while managing risk.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- provide support in the steering and planning of a high growth international open-ended core/core+ real estate fund.
- determine, monitor and forecast the fund's investment performance.
- adjust, monitor and check cash flow projections.
- perform portfolio analyses and budget-actuals comparisons.
- monitor and approve portfolio asset budgets, liaise with responsible asset managers.
- perform liquidity projections, manage liquidity and current distributions.
- support capital raising with fund specific data and tailored analyses for investor's due diligence.
- prepare business decision proposals for proposed transactions and financings for investment committee approval, client approval as well as internal and external reports.
- prepare, participate and present in investor meetings.
- liaise with investors, internal counterparts and other key stakeholders as required.
Your post business or real estate qualification experience of minimum two years in investment management ideally with international exposure coupled with hands on experience and knowledge in finance and accounting will be vital in this role.
Your excellent analytical skills, proactive and self-dependant work style in combination with distinctive communication and interpersonal skills will be welcomed in this role. You will be a solution-oriented thinker with an ability to not only identifying problems but also suggesting workable alternatives to meet desired goals.
You will enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and enjoy assuming responsibility. You will have excellent MS-office skills, particularly in Excel, with a strong eye for detail. Finally, you will be fluent in German and English. About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2021, Macquarie Asset Management had $A562.2 billion of assets under management. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.