Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Germany
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The strategic senior HR business partner will act as a trusted advisor to the functional business heads and senior leadership teams focused on a broad range of transformational talent agenda designed to attract, retain and develop top talent for our Germany and Switzerland offices consisting of approximately 150 employees. Reporting to the Head of HR for EMEA who is based in London, the senior HR business partner will partner with our Centers of Excellence in recommending and implement various Human Resources programs and procedures in engaging and retaining top talent. This role will require close partnership with senior HR business partner based in London and centers of excellence teams across PIMCO globally. As an accomplished senior HR business partner for Germany and Switzerland, you stand out as being a creative thinker with strong commercial acumen with the ability to drive competing priorities managing high expectations in a complex matrix structure. Using extensive skills and knowledge, you will make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement, workforce planning and analytics. Position Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
• Minimum of 10 years of HR experience in International organisations. Financial sector experience highly preferred.
Provide strategic advice and guidance to client groups in organizational planning and talent development initiatives that align the firms' human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives.
• Build trusted advisor relationship with senior leaders and ensure strategic human capital initiatives in client groups align as appropriate across the broader organization.
• Partner closely with respective global and EMEA HR business partner groups to ensure we are closely aligned on talent updates.
• One HRBP will report directly into this role. In addition to, there will be HR shared services and Centres of Excellence teams to leverage in London and Newport Beach locations.
• Though, this role will have oversight of all employees in Germany and Switzerland, he/she will focus on front office client coverage while his/her direct report, HR business partner will be focused on non-front office client groups.
• Provide HR services and support at high standards to internal clients by consistent application of the existing and new, best in class HR tools and processes including systems, all relevant contractual compensation & benefits elements and employee retention activities.
• Develop and ensure flawless execution of highly commercial HR strategies, within own authority level, including on-boarding, talent programs, leadership development, talent reviews, succession planning, etc.
• Stay abreast and be well versed in new developments in HR strategies, employment law and practices providing proactive market intel.
• Determine and plan client groups' organizational requirements, in conjunction with department heads and all line managers to fill vacancies by promotion, transfer or external recruitment to provide the most effective workforce;
• Develop and represent a clear vision and execution strategy including tactics to improve skills at all management layers within client group areas of responsibility in the organization
• To apply a nuanced understanding of how to weigh up HR risk in the context of PIMCO's strategic and commercial objectives.
• Partner closely with HR Specialist areas e.g. Compensation & HR Analytics, Recruiting, and Learning and Development to design and implement appropriate programs in support of business goals.
• Coach, guide and mentor line managers and senior leaders in their HR leadership functions and responsibilities.
• Partner closely with senior management, legal and compliance in all regulatory and audit matters.
• The role of Head of HR for Germany & Swizerland/Senior HR business partner will also include regulatory responsibilities in close partnership with compliance, legal, finance, audit and risk teams which are key components of the role.
• Remuneration policy review to ensure compliant with German Remuneration Ordinance / Institutsvergütungsverordnung including maintenance of documentation for regulatory and audit purposes
• Oversee, follow through and implement outcomes from PDG audits (Tax, Bundesbank, KPMG/PwC and Allianz Asset Management)
• Excellent technology skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
Incumbents with law and employee relations background will be an added advantage.
Strong knowledge in German Employment Law.
Strong command of English and German languages, both written and spoken.
• Experience in leading and managing organizational changes and transformation including restructures and HR process improvement and automation.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team; intuitive, quick learner - willing and able to handle steep learning curve.
• Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills; attention to detail.
• Experience working in a matrix, extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; prioritization, and ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups including working as part of a global HR team with cross border interaction.
• Proven experience building strong business partnerships and executive presence; able to establish credibility and support with operating leaders and Human Resource team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have a bias-to-action, results-oriented approach to work; willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team.
• Looks to identify and implement efficiencies and process improvements Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location.