Large Buy Side Client is looking for a senior investment professional to take a role in the portfolio management team. The Senior Portfolio Manager must demonstrate a commitment to extraordinary service through professional excellence, highest ethical standards, and the effective use of available resources. The position is expected to have a broad and deep understanding of investment management practices and to develop and propose new investment strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in systematic, rules-based investing in a multi-asset or equity context. This is paired with practical experience in sustainable investing, preferably with focus on climate related investing.
This position offers the opportunity to take a leadership role and grow with the continued success of the firm.
Moving from quantitative trading to the sustainable investment approach has now led to ramping up the team to meet the new strategy.
Currently in a growing phase, bringing in the first products to life; you will join this dynamic phase.
The two products they are launching in the next month:
1. Carbon emissions rights funds; here they buy EU emissions rights, which is good for the environment, since you avoid carbon emission or act to capture emission.
2. The other one is Equity, here they trade stocks which have a positive influence on emissions, this is a stock selection.
Focus is on institutional accounts, since they deal mainly with asset accumulators, i.e., insurances or pension funds, thus already have a good relationship with them.
This creates a cross selling ability for the sales team to also sell the investment products.
Senior Portfolio Manager in its role
- Portfolio implementation, rebalancing and ongoing management of systematic, rules-based investment strategies
- Ongoing improvement of investment implementation of sustainable investment goals
- Provide financial analysis, investment analysis, trading, quantitative modelling for the firm and deliver knowledge to both internal and external clients. Ability to market knowledge of investments and how that relates to investment portfolio management
- Monitor performance and risk exposures both from a financial and sustainability perspective
- Generate trade and execution ideas for portfolios, both at the asset allocation and implementation level
- Maintain ongoing relationships with internal and external clients and contribute to the development of client relationships
- Ensure and maintain a performance, risk and compliance culture with the team
- At least 3 years of relevant investment experience in a multi-asset or equity context and proven track record in financial markets, investment management, fund management, preferably in systematic, rules-based sustainable investing
- Master degree in a capital market related education/studies. CFA is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to articulate investment views, portfolio and trade objectives at both a high level and at more nuanced levels within the team or with clients
- Knowledge of drivers of sustainability investing and experience in applying this knowledge to portfolio management and tactical positioning
- Knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, models, and their application to investments
- Strong investment process modelling and risk management knowledge
- Ability and experience to successfully work with, lead & develop members of a team
- Strong technical skills preferred (Bloomberg products, Excel, VBA, Python, etc.)
In case you are intrigued, or you wish to have a discrete call, please contact Boudewijn Vellinga under email@example.com / +3120 2247 600 (landline) or +31612243196 (mobile).
The Greifenberg Team is looking forward to your application.