Threat & Vulnerability Manager (d/f/m)
Location: Any of our offices (Munich/Frankfurt/Cologne/Duisburg/Hamburg) Role Summary
The Threat & Vulnerability Management
team is responsible for protecting critical Cognizant
Infrastructure from Security Vulnerabilities by tracking the remediation activities with asset owners and ensuring that appropriate mitigation is in place.
This role will be to closely work with various teams responsible for mitigating the identified vulnerabilities with due concurrence of the respective business owners and stakeholders. Responsibilities
Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Have a broad understanding of the current cyber security landscape, with a background in vulnerability management
- Must have hands on experience of security scanning tools and techniques; Ability to identify false positives manually is a plus
- Experience in analysis of vulnerability results and recommending corrective action
- Ability to investigate and advise on latest security related vulnerabilities to ensure infrastructure security posture is strong
- Ability to define and report vulnerability metrics to drive remediation trends
- Report on findings and advise stakeholders in remediation activities as required
- Document all processes and procedures in accordance with Cognizant's Reporting Standards
- Collaborate with the Security Operations, Application Services, and IT Services teams to engineer and implement security controls based upon policies, standards, and best practices to protect managed systems
- Demonstrated experience defining, maintaining and enforcing vulnerability remediation security best practices
- Facilitate and coordinate vulnerability assessment and scanning, reviews of assessment results, patching, and remediation activities related to BU OS, Middleware, Servers, Storage, Databases, Appliances, Web Applications and Network Devices
- Collaborate on Information Security policies, standards, and baselines and contribute efforts to measure compliance
- Working knowledge of Information Security best practices, policies, standards, and baselines, including industry standards and guidelines from ISO 27001/27002, NIST, CIS, and OWASP
- Collaborate on and provide VM results and metrics for consistent reporting for governance purposes; collaborate and coordinate remediation plans and activities
- Understand the Scope of Work for the engagement and perform the duties and tasks required by those agreements in an organized, professional manner
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and articulate to non-IT personnel
- Research and develop testing tools, techniques, and process improvements
- Strong understanding of various networking, servers and web technologies and testing methodologies
- Experience with cloud hosted environments is a plus
- Knowledge of any one or more Scripting Languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby etc. is a plus
- Demonstrates an ability to methodically analyze problems, identify solutions, and communicate to a non-technical audience
- Exhibits good writing and communications skills, to include the ability to render concise reports, summaries, and formal oral presentations.
- Adequately explains, presents, demonstrates [when applicable] and documents the operational impact of a particular vulnerability/exploit.
- Advice customers in remediation tasks for found vulnerabilities.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team.
The candidate must possess knowledge of industry-recognized security tools including the following:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Qualys Guard VA
- Qualys Cloud Agent
- Sys Internal Tools
- Tenable Nessus
- Microsoft SCCM
Candidate must have sufficient information security knowledge and experience to conduct technically complex Security Assessments.
- He or She must have a Master's/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or the equivalent from a recognized university
- He or she must have around 9 to 10 years of relevant information security experience with proof of work experience and Security Certifications.
- Possess industry-recognized security certification(s) including one or more of the following:
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester ( GWAPT )
Languages: Fluency in German & English