Trading systems - Java Developer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO are currently looking for a skilled Java Developer to help us deliver build our next generation of products. The ideal candidate will have experience in full stack development in a cloud environment.
The position will involve delivering functionality for the Cash Desk. You will work within a small team to enhance existing components, and build out entirely new services to replace legacy processes. You will utilise your excellent communications skills to talk directly to key stakeholders of the project to produce functional requirements and in so doing, gain excellent exposure to the broader elements of our trading technologies.
The technology stack is Java-based, with both Unix and cloud deployment. Some existing processes are written in C++ , so familiarity will be a benefit. Position Requirements: REQUIREMENTS
• Experience delivering objected-oriented applications.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Can take responsibility for meeting business objectives
• Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in agile development environments TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Knowledge of data structures, design patterns, algorithms
• Solid experience with Java and building RESTful services
• Experience with multi-tier architectures and cloud deployment
• Awareness of the full development cycle, from analysis to production support. PREFERRED SKILLS
Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and standard DBMS. Oracle an advantage.
• Angular or similar web technology
• Ignite or similar caching technology
• git, gitlab, docker, autosys, *nix Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office