Value Creation Director, Top Northern European Private Equity Firm, Munich, Germany
11338 About our client
This is a new position with a leading Northern European private equity firm, responsible for optimising the value in their DACH portfolio assets. The firm has a 20+ year record, close to €4 billion under management and is currently ranked top of its peer group in industry tables, having developed a highly distinctive culture and built a stable, top-performing investment team.
They are now expanding their team of operational experts to work together with the investment professionals in a detailed active ownership programme to identify value creation opportunities and lock these in during the firm's period of ownership. Working within a structured framework, the team will engage with management boards to set ambitious targets and introduce change processes, focusing on key topics such as networking capital management, pricing, procurement, ESG and digitalisation. Planning, measuring, reporting, resource allocation and continuous relationship management will be important tools. What the job involves
The role will combine intensive periods of collaboration with individual company management, and additional firm-wide projects and initiatives. There is considerable scope for ambitious and entrepreneurial individuals to develop an operational career within the fund's portfolio team or a clear path to C level positions.
The position will be based in Munich with exposure to the diverse DACH assets and the firm's wider European network.
Who we are looking for
- Build trustful and effective relationships with portfolio management teams and develop the influencing skills to achieve the value creation objectives
- Detailed strategic and operational planning to identify specific work streams and resource allocation to convert ideas into sustainable practice and results
- Continuous measurement and feedback, ongoing project management and reporting
- Work alongside colleagues in the investment team over the lifetime of the investment to deliver maximum value to investors at the point of exit
- You will have started your career at Tier 1 consulting firm, with significant experience in strategic planning, project management and change management
- You may also have spent time, either on secondment or in a later permanent role, in a mid-sized, entrepreneurial company with exposure to operational management
- You must demonstrate a high level of numerical prowess with financial and operational data and the ability to set, measure and control detailed targets
- The role requires a balance between a structured, detailed approach and the flexibility to adapt as circumstances change. Central to this are communication skills and empathy, the emotional intelligence to earn the right to influence portfolio management teams
- Native level German and very fluent English are essential, together with an international mindset, evidenced by experience working in different cultures