- Grenoble, Rhône-Alpes, Frankreich
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Asst Dir – Sr. Software Engineer
Standort: Grenoble, Rhône-Alpes, FrankreichAn Assistant Director- Senior Software Engineer fulfills the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Interpret business requirements with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Author technical design documents with the guidance of a technical leader.
- Take ownership of stories; Develop the report and perform unit tests based on the requirements.
- Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with devops engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
- Actively participate in the development lifecycle using Agile methodology (Kanban)
The Banking RegTech group builds software to help banks around the world assess the overall health of their balance sheets and generate reports for regulators and other stakeholders. We know that regulatory and accounting standards and the technological demands of our customers are subject to change, which is why we employ a continuous cycle of innovation that allows us to offer nimble and agile solutions to our customers' problems.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Master's degree is a plus.
- Professional experience within software design as well as development experience.
- Motivated by the functional understanding of risk management in banking.
- Proven experience in database programming in Oracle SQL and knowledge of the web application architecture
- Works well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc and suggests improvement to this process
- Quickly learns new technologies; proactively seeks to improve
- A team player and ability to work as a team
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently and to own a business mission
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to investigate and solve technical issues
- Ability to communicate in English (spoken and written) is mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The following skills are appreciated as a plus:
- Excel VBA, .NET, Pytohn, Jenkins, Tomcat competencies
- Experience in Business Intelligence
- Basel II/ Basel III Credit, Market or ALM/Liquidity Risk domain knowledge
- Bank financial instruments knowledge
- Fermat / RiskAuthority product knowledge
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.