Senior Policy Officer (CCP risk expert profile) - grade AD7
- Paris, Île-de-France, Frankreich
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 31 Okt 17 2017-10-31
European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is currently seeking candidates (F/M) for the post of Senior Policy Officer (CCP risk expert profile) - grade AD7
ESMA, which is based in Paris, is the independent European Union (EU) Authority responsible for securities markets issues. Its mission is to enhance investor protection and promote stable and orderly financial markets in the EU.
The Markets Department of ESMA is responsible for the rule-making and supervisory convergence tasks related to secondary markets (regulated and OTC), market infrastructures, market abuse and market data. Therefore, it is leading ESMA's work on MIFID/MIFIR (wholesale markets), EMIR, Short Selling, Market Abuse, Benchmarks, SFTR and Central Securities Depositories Regulation (CSDR).
The Senior Policy Officer (CCP risk expert profile) will be employed for carrying out the new supervisory responsibilities on Central Counterparties (CCPs) as envisaged in the Commission Proposal amending Regulation (EU) No 648/20125 on OTC Derivatives, central counterparties and trade repositories (EMIR 2.2).
The jobholder will deal with the responsibilities of ESMA on the implementation of EMIR and its future amendments and in particular, with reference to prudential requirements for CCPs, supervisory stress tests, validation of risk models and other risk assessments related to EU and third country CCPs (TC CCPs).
Your responsibilities/job description:
- identification and monitor of risks arising from EU and TC CCPs;
- drafting reports on the compliance of EU and TC with EMIR prudential requirements;
- definition and implementation of the framework for the performance of the future CCP supervisory stress tests;
- definition of CCP data to be collected, managed and analysed;
- contribution to the set-up of the new supervisory competencies and the definition of the relevant tools needed to fulfil the EMIR 2.2 mandate.
- At least six (6) years of work experience in the area of financial markets (acquired after the university degree), in positions relevant to this profile (see part above);
- Knowledge of the functioning and characteristics of CCPs and of derivatives products, as demonstrated by work experience;
- Experience in the assessment of risk models and stress testing;
- Very good level of English (at least B2 level).
The closing date for sending applications is 23/11/2017 (23:59 hrs, Paris local time).
For more information on how to apply, please consult the respected vacancy notice at www.esma.europa.eu/about-esma/careers or contact firstname.lastname@example.org