Who are we?
PayFit simplifies payroll management and HR processes for SMBs. PayFit is an automated SaaS solution to help business owners and HR professionals save time and money allowing them to refocus on what really matters: their employees.
Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to support the digital transformation of HR management through our ever growing range of product features and services. We have a strong presence in France and have been quickly growing in Germany, Spain, the UK and Italy. With 6,000 customers in 4 countries, we are one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
Today, we are more than 650 employees at PayFit and we all share four core values:
• Care for each other
• Always stay humble
• Strive for excellence
• Live and work with passion
We are committed to a culture of inclusion and an environment that enables fulfillment in freedom & responsibility.
You want to join us? This video is better than a long description...
A brief overview of the Architecture Team
Our main mission is to evolve PayFit's architecture & empower teams to build a sustainable product, and promote innovation.This involves collaborations across the whole engineering organisation.
A brief overview of our day-to-day stack:
- Technical stack: Node.js, TypeScript, Go, OCaml, React, AWS, Kubernetes
- Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
- Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion, Whimsical, Miro, Google Docs
- Communication: Slack, Zoom
Your mission: evolve PayFit's architecture
- Think, design, and drive evolution of PayFit's architecture and systems
- Collaborate with multiple teams in the prioritization of actions and setting up an actionable strategy to get there: delivering software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of PayFit's services
- Build a culture of technical excellence: automated testing, data-driven decisions, best practices, incremental delivery, continuous improvements, and ownership
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives with a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership
This job has been tailored for you if...
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- You have a solid understanding of software fundamentals (Data Structures, Software Architecture, Design Patterns)
- You are experienced in software development, specifically in cloud architectures, systems design and distributed systems
- You strive to understand, synthesize, and communicate complex technical concepts and business problems
- You are a doer with a creative force and a high attention to detail: strive for the highest quality with an iterative approach mindset
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are receptive to feedback, to be mentored and to mentor others. We're caring and make sure everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others.
- You speak English fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
Icing on the cake
- You have strong technical leadership skills
- You are experienced in Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture, Systems Design, and Data-Intensive Applications
- You are experienced on building Low Code platforms
- You promote early risks identification and have a impact-center approach
- You are experienced on and embrace the evolution of systems
What we offer
- An amazing work environment, designed for kindness and blossoming
- An attractive remuneration package
- An international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London)
- A work from anywhere policy
- A gym inside the office and Gymlib subscription with preferential rate
- Regular team and global events
- Restaurant tickets
- 4 weeks of paternity leave (fully covered) and 20 weeks of maternity leave (fully covered)
- Henner health insurance (60% covered by PayFit)
- Great coffee, fruits, snacks, foosball, MPG Teams or even team yoga classes
- MacBooks are our standard, but we'll provide whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done!
1 Applicant initial validation: added value, key achievements, motivations, job match
2 Meet Architecture Director: initial screen (introductions, discussions of career aspirations, behavioral questions)
3 Meet a Future Colleague: initial technical screen (introductions, coding, questions)
4 Technical interview (Coding Interview, Systems Design Interview)
5 Meet a PayFit co-founder
Want to know more about our epic team?
We are looking for passionate and innovative people who want to build the next big success story with us! Do you recognise yourself in these words? Do you want to join an incredible adventure?
Tell us who you are, what you've done and what you're looking to achieve. We'll be more than happy to meet you :)