Wells Fargo Securities Europe - European Syndicate/MTN Associate
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Fixed Income Investment Grade Syndicate for EUR issues/drive EUR MTN effort for region - comprises working with DCM and sales teams to cover and execute transactions for FI and Corporate clients, with an additional focus on investor reverse enquiry and private placements, either with European investors, or for European issuers, or both.
Assisting Wells Fargo's issuer clients in their financing needs - providing access to the European investor base for Wells Fargo's issuer clients worldwide, as well as assisting in non-European placements for European issuer clients. An area of focus will be on reverse enquiry and MTN private placements, although the individual will also have responsibilities in the origination and execution of public mandates. The individual will work closely within the European DCM team in London and Paris, and with US DCM, global bankers and Investment Banking. Proactive idea generation of innovative capital markets financing solutions and active dealings with coverage officers and product partners across many industries will be required. Will work closely with EMEA sales team as well as Asian and US syndicate desks to identify investor demand and MTN placement opportunities. This role will be deemed ACPR Controlled Function:
- Act with integrity in carrying out his/her responsibilities; Work in a spirit of transparency, teamwork and high ethical standards.
- Act with due skill , care and diligence in carrying out his/her responsibilities, observe proper standards of market conduct in carrying out his/her responsibilities; and Deal with the AMF/ACPR and other regulators in an open and cooperative way, and disclose appropriately any information of which the ACPR would reasonably expect notice.
Market Skills and Certifications Skills/Experience Required:
- Capital markets syndicate and/or MTN/private placement experience.
- Experience working with issuers and investors with respect to primary transactions
- Track record / demonstrated competency in working with colleagues in other geographies
- Some derivatives understanding is a plus specifically in relation to new issue swaps
- High level of personal integrity and initiative, personal motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and a broad intellectual capacity.
- Demonstrated capability for analysis and strategic thinking, demonstrated leadership skills. Teamwork skills and the ability to communicate ideas and recommendations effectively are also necessary.
- Must be detail oriented with an analytical mindset and strong understanding of the credit markets and deal execution.
- A highly proficient knowledge of Excel and Bloomberg is mandatory along with excellent written, verbal, organizational skills.
- A proven team player with an ability to interact well with highly diverse internal and external clients. Must be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and intense work environment.
- French language skills an advantage.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.