Position Overview Details of the role and how it fits into the team
division has the fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point, which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda. Risk Methodology (RM)
develops and manages the risk valuation methodologies for Deutsche Bank. The models, methodologies and tools developed in RM are utilized by Risk Managers for the efficient resource allocation, managing the risk appetite and credit decisions in the day to day business process. In addition, RM ensures that the models fulfill the regulatory requirements with regard to regulatory and economic capital calculations.
Split in various sub teams, the Berlin team provides methodology expertise & operational leverage to market risk managers located in New York, London, Frankfurt and Asia. In addition, the team contributes to the model development and implementation of these models.
Within Risk Methodology, the Treasury Modeling and Analytics (TMA) team partners with the Treasury and Finance organizations to provide modeling and analytical problem solving for important regulatory and internal strategic initiatives - such as Capital Stress Testing, Risk in the Banking Book, and Strategic Planning.
The position is based in Berlin and the candidate will work with colleagues in other risk teams locally in Berlin as well as with different Business Divisions and Control and Support Functions across the bank.
The role holder will have the opportunity to gain a fundamental understanding of the Bank's risk and capital processes including model projection methodology across B/PPNR, credit risk, market risk, operational risk, and RWA as well as an enterprise-level perspective of CCAR, Interest Rate Risk, and Strategic Planning activities.
You will work in a central role within an evolving discipline and find an environment that encourages an open communication, provides a mature feedback culture and offers employees a wide range of options to balance the requirements of the workplace with their personal and family needs. Your key responsibilities
1. Task: Complex analysis, evaluation & decision-making
- Contribute to model development engagement with the lines of business and contribute to representing TMA in model development activities with the model stakeholders
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders from General Technology to Treasury, Finance, and Line of Business leadership
- Development and implementation of Board-level modeling and analytics and execute on model development protocols
2. Data processing: Collect complex information and process it ready for decision-making
- Execute modeling work within the TMA modeling infrastructure. The modeling infrastructure is Deutsche Bank's strategic model development and execution platform that is comprised of three components: an R code library that caters to both modelling and analytical requirements, an Oracle database, and an R-Shiny based reporting layer.
- Check feasibility of implementation approaches with Information Technology and Operations and identify the most viable option
3. Improvements: Development of very complex methods, processes or analyses as well as improvements
- Propose advances in model design and data analysis.
- Benchmark DB's approach against industry best practice and drive applicable improvements.
4. Relationship management
- Build relationships in close interaction with DB leaders and executives, as well as senior members from the various lines of business, Treasury, Finance, Risk, Model Risk Management.
- Communication effectively and regularly with Senior Management.
5. Managerial Responsibility
Your skills and experiences
- Transfer of specialist know-how to employees: assisting more junior modeling teams with the model development narrative about how to communicate key modeling decisions
- Functional leadership of a number of employees: guiding more junior modeling teams in modeling decision making and reading their model development documentation and other written communications for quality control.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant university degree (Master or PhD) in a quantitative discipline with a programming concentration (e.g., Economics, computer science, applied statistics / mathematics, engineering, operations research, etc.) or relevant professional experience necessary
- Relevant professional experience in a coding and modeling discipline is a plus.
Competencies: Particular methodological expertise necessary
- Very strong quantitative background, extensive analytical skills and ability to efficiently solve problems independently and proactively.
- Experience with B/PPNR projections models and CCAR
- Strong quantitative skills, including:
- Extensive recent hands-on modeling experience in the following key modeling topics: linear and/or non-linear generalized linear mixed models, PCS & Factor analysis, state space models, panel data analysis, account-level logistic.
- Experience with decision trees, cohorting analysis.
- Knowledge of Deposit, Loan, Treasury, ALM, Liquidity, and Interest Rate Risk principles and relevant interdependencies
- Strong Programming skills, including
- Proficiency in R, and other programming capabilities such as Python and SQL
- Proficiency in data programming, including database programing in Oracle
- Experience with data visualization methods
- Ability to work with large amounts of data from a number of inhomogeneous data sources.
- Ability to manage very complex model development projects across different locations independently.
- Well-organized with a proven ability to solve problems independently with a strong sense of personal ownership and a focus on timelines and delivering results.
- Strong relationship management skills including ability to collaborate with multiple business partners and colleagues to challenge the status quo, influence appropriately, and partner on developing solutions
- Good process and project management skills, with the ability to execute against tight deadlines and remain agile to evolving requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: be able to explain mathematical/ statistical concepts and results to various stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
Ausschreibungszeitraum: 08.06.2022 - 22.06.2022
Unsere Werte bestimmen das Arbeitsumfeld, welches wir schaffen möchten - vielfältig, wertschätzend und offen für verschiedene Meinungen. Nur eine Unternehmenskultur, die eine Vielzahl von Perspektiven, sowie kulturellen und gesellschaftlichen Hintergründen vereint, fördert Innovation. Wir setzten auf vielfältige Teams, in welchen die Menschen ihr volles Potential entfalten können - denn das Zusammenführen verschiedener Talente und Ideen spielt eine entscheidende Rolle für den geschäftlichen Erfolg der Deutschen Bank.
Unsere Unternehmenskultur setzt hohe ethische Standards und fördert ein gutes Miteinander. Unabhängig von kulturellem Hintergrund, Nationalität, ethnischer Zugehörigkeit, geschlechtlicher und sexueller Identität, körperlichen Fähigkeiten, Religion und Generation freuen wir uns über Bewerbungen talentierter Menschen.
Sprechen Sie uns an: Wir bieten flexible Arbeitszeitmodelle und weitere Zusatzleistungen, um Sie in Ihrem Berufsleben zu unterstützen.
Klicken Sie hier für weitere Informationen zu Vielfalt und Teilhabe in der Deutschen Bank.