Associate Business Development Manager - Frankfurt, Germany
Are you energized by developing leads into new clients and opening completely new verticals? Does working for a company where you can offer business to business clients ground-breaking digital solutions in foreign currencies sound exciting to you? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then join Western Union as an Associate Business Development Manager. Western Union powers your pursuit.
In this unique role, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing new opportunities in the following: Role Responsibilities
- Support our Business-to-Business sales team in winning new clients whilst at the same time gaining the necessary skills to grow into a sales role yourself.
- Performing market analysis, attending on and offline events, and supporting sales campaigns.
- You will influence everyone from the owner of a start-up to the finance director or chief executive officer of a large, established corporation.
- Use consultative selling techniques to understand the challenges that our prospects face when trading overseas, be able to provide bespoke solutions, and progress toward securing sustainable, profitable trading relationships.
- Assist throughout the sales cycle and be the primary point of contact for the new customers acquired.
- You will work together with other colleagues from various departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Education or equivalent skills are required with a strong desire to grow into a professional sales role.
- Experience using the principles of consultative selling and customer acquisition (including networking events, trade fairs, cold calling, etc,).
- Ability to work individually, and to collaborate with others in a fast-paced, team environment, making quick decisions, and managing timelines.
- You should have previous experience working towards key performance indicators and individual targets to achieve weekly, quarterly, and annual goals.
- Motivated, and proactive, bringing the enthusiasm and interest for the requirements of a successful international company.
- Ideally, your studies are finance-related, and you will have already gained some experience in a sales environment.
- To be successful in this role, you must ideally have a native level of German and a good level of English language skills.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Following the Western Union Business Solutions divestiture announcement on August 4, 2021, recruitment efforts will continue for this position on behalf of Western Union. However, as part of the divestiture agreement, this position will transition to the purchasing company should the transaction conclude. The hiring team will be able to answer any questions you may have. We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company - transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/. Benefits
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few (https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/). Please see the below benefits specific to your location and note that your recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your Germany specific benefits include:
- 30 working days holiday per annum
- Maternity leave
- Global travel assistance
- Luncheon vouchers provided to employees
- Pension plan eligibility for all employees
- Health and Wellness program for yourself and family members.
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.