Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) is a top-tier Japanese bank, which maintains relationships with over 100,000 companies in Japan. The history of the Sumitomo and Mitsui companies dates back more than four centuries, and both were founded as banks in the nineteenth century. SMBC’s predecessor, Mitsui Bank was founded in July 1876 in Tokyo, and Sumitomo Bank in 1895 in Osaka.
SMBC was established in 2001 following the merger of Sumitomo and Sakura banks. It has relationships with more than 100,000 companies in Japan as well as a strong and growing international network. The Bank offers a broad range of wholesale banking products including corporate, structured and trade finance, leveraged finance, loan market and treasury products. Through SMFG group companies it also provides a range of capital markets, securities and leasing products, thereby providing a strong portfolio of global financial services.
SMBC has a network of 19 offices across the EMEA region, with over 1,500 colleagues and temporary workers. SMFG as a whole in EMEA increases this total to more than 1,800. This headcount is expected to grow.
For a 6 months duration (starting 11/2023) we offer the position of an
Intern Debt Capital Markets (m/f/d)
- Be part of a dynamic team with a flat hierarchical structure who closely work across Europe
- Monitor what is driving markets, update client presentations and bond pricings, as well as update clients on the latest bond transactions in the primary market
- Bring in new ideas and come up with new and interesting updates to make our material stand out vs our peers
- The main tasks include:
- Relative value discussions and pricing of senior and junior (hybrid) bonds
- Daily updates of market movements, with a focus on bond and credit markets
- Preparing of pitchbooks for client meetings
- Support senior team members in all aspects of work- and deal-flow
- Strong academic background from a top-tier school in related major, business or finance
- Clear interest in debt capital markets and preferably first experience in corporate finance
- Team player with an entrepreneurial and inquisitive mind-set and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving ability and keen attention to detail
- Professional level/fluency in English and German
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and ideally Bloomberg
How to apply
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your full application documents. Please also indicate your availability.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.