Leading Energy company provides a reliable supply of both traditional energy and renewable energy. They thrive to drive the energy turnaround combining electricity, heat, telecommunication, and mobility. By optimizing their entire energy portfolio and offering a wild range of services to their partners and clients, they are making innovation happening in everyday life.
The office is based in northern Germany. Working remotely is possible with a minimum of 2 days per week in the office.
Current set up: 11 members, focusing separately on Power/ Gas/ P&G Long Term Trading, Short Term Trading, Modeling, Trading Systems and Algorithmic Trading.
Reason for Vacancy:
Existing team member gets promoted to Front Office.
Responsible for designing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining the quantitative models and methods, more details as following:
- Key contact and responsible person for all model-related issues in Risk Management
- Collaborating closely with the Front Desks and the Analysis Team
- Responsible for the MTM evaluation and risk measures of energy-related products like storages, options, take-or-pay contracts, and other flexibilities, as well as renewable products like PPA(Power Purchase Agreement)s and GoOs
- Responsible for main risk KPIs for trades and portfolios
- Responsible for documentation and quality assurance
- Implement quant methods and models in our modern IT infrastructure, working closely with our DevOps Team
- Evaluate and develop new trading strategies and complex products and improve our trading system
- Enhancements and maintenance of report
- Support fellows within the risk management team and other departments (e.g., the trading desks, the credit risk management team, etc.)
- Degree in a highly quantitative subject (e.g., physics, mathematics, computer science, economics), or equivalent experience in the energy/ finance/ insurance sector
- Profound usage of different risk models and methodologies with strong programming skills, preferably in Python.
- You are eager to learn new skills and improve upon your existing proficiencies
- You are well experienced in applying and implementing mathematical and statistical methods
- Experience with reporting tools, preferably Microsoft Power BI
- Ideally, you are already an expert in the energy business
- Proficiency in ETRM systems, preferably Endur, is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, German is NOT A MUST, but a PLUS
- You are a reliable team player and can also work on your own.
- Despite being a relatively large company, they are flexible and agile with a specific focus on geography
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture that encourages learning and personal development through mentoring, training courses, and one-on-one coaching sessions
- Engaged in the 3rd biggest renewable portfolio and help grow their onshore mandate.
- Engaged in PPAs (Power Purchase Agreement)
- Recently implemented state of the art IT trading platform
- Algorithmic Trading is a new area, allows you to bring different aspects and drive them forward. Room to make a footprint and an impact
- Deep insights about the energy industry, providing specialization steep learning curve, high growth path, coupled with monetary increase
- A competitive salary package with attractive benefits, such as company pension, health insurance, and above market rate bonus structure
Consists of a flat hierarchical structure, multi-disciplinary teams, and a work environment that encourages transparent communication and entrepreneurial thinking, which makes it an attractive employer for ambitious talent.
To attract motivated individuals who explore to keep up on new technologies, make an impact on business, and continuously growing with the company in a dynamic environment.
In case you are intrigued, or you wish to have a discrete call, please contact Boudewijn Vellinga under firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 (0) 85 485 32 88 (landline) or +31 (0)6 1224 3196 (mobile).
We’d rather have a dialogue to explain more, than for you to conclude it might not be a fit.